Body care is part of an increasingly holistic approach to beauty and wellness. As such, you may find your clients seeking total body experiences that treat their skin from head to toe. Meet their needs by expanding your spa’s wellness offering with new results-oriented body treatments for your back bar. Not sure where to start? Here’s our suggestion for a signature body treatment protocol featuring the new Stone Crop Body Collection.
Why Stone Crop?
Stone crop is a classic skin care ingredient for good reason. This Hungarian succulent is known for addressing the three H’s: hydration, healing, and hyperpigmentation. As Eminence Organics President Boldijarre Koronczay tells DAYSPA: “Not only does the stone crop plant help reduce pigmentation and [brighten] the complexion, it also assists in ... firming stressed skin, toning the epidermis, moisturizing, helping reduce signs of aging and calming sensitive skin.”
Body Treatment Protocol
With its fresh scent and healing properties, stone crop is the star of this signature body treatment. Including an invigorating scrub, restorative body wrap and deeply hydrating moisturizing treatment, it is bound to leave your clients with visibly refreshed and rejuvenated skin. Follow this body care protocol to give them an unforgettable spa experience.
- 2 linen sheets (to place on top of table)
- 1 wool blanket (to place on sheets)
- 1 Mylar blanket (to place on top of the wool blanket)
- 2 plastic body wrap sheets (to place on top of Mylar blanket)
- 3 hot, wet bath towels (optional)
- 7 hot, wet hand towels (for modesty towels and product removal)
- 1 spatula
- 3 bowls
Warm water or tea
Note: The amount of product used will depend on the size of the client and the area(s) to be treated. No body lotions or body oils should be used prior to body wraps.
Polish skin with the hydrating qualities of sugar and the gentle, invigorating benefits of rock salt. The Stone Crop Revitalizing Body Scrub lathers into a creamy foam and is infused with stone crop, turmeric and lemon peel to brighten and smooth your client’s skin.
Using a circular motion, apply the Stone Crop Revitalizing Body Scrub to the entire body, working from the outer limbs in towards the heart. Leave on.
Extend the hydrating and brightening benefits of stone crop with Stone Crop Restorative Body Wrap. Powerful actives such as horse chestnut and caffeine make skin look revitalized and rejuvenated. A cool aloe infusion makes this gel-based body wrap the ideal treatment for clients coming in from a day in the sun.
Dispense 2 to 4 tablespoons of the Stone Crop Restorative Body Wrap into a bowl and dilute with warm water or tea in a 1:1 ratio. This wrap can be applied on its own or layered directly over the Stone Crop Revitalizing Body Scrub.
- Have the client lay face up on the table with a modesty towel (please refer to your spa’s draping policy for more details)
- Apply a thin layer of body wrap to each leg and wrap with plastic sheet
- Help the client sit up, holding the modesty towel with their arms across their chest, and apply a thin layer of body
- Wrap to the back
- Wrap the remainder of the plastic sheet around the client’s shoulders
- Help the client lay down on their back
- Apply a thin layer of body wrap to each arm, cross the arms across the chest again and wrap with plastic sheet
- Wrap the second plastic sheet around the client (and hot towels, if used), followed by the Mylar blanket and finally the wool blanket
Perform a 10–20 minute treatment during the wrap (mini facial or neck, face and scalp massage)
Wet Room Removal
- Unwrap the wool blanket, Mylar blanket and plastic sheets and ask the client to shower
- While the client is in the shower, remove the plastic, Mylar blanket, cooled towels (if used) and wool blanket from the treatment table
Have client return to the table and lay on their front between the dry sheets
Dry Room Removal
- Unwrap the wool blanket and Mylar blanket and remove cooled bath towel from the legs
- Begin removing product using hot, wet hand towels, rolling the plastic sheet towards their body and cover the client with dry sheet
- Once all product is removed from the legs, cover with dry sheet
- Help the client sit up, holding the modesty towel with their arms across their chest, and remove product from the back using hot wet towels
- Roll the plastic sheet, Mylar and wool blanket down to their hips and help the client lay back down on the dry sheet
- Remove the product from their arms and continue to cover the upper body with the dry sheet
- Ask the client to lift their hips off the table and remove the plastic sheet, Mylar and wool blanket from underneath the client
- Client should now be laying on their back on the dry sheet and be fully covered with a second dry sheet
Ask the client to flip over on their front between the dry sheets
3. Massage (Optional)
If your spa is licensed to provide massage services, take this opportunity to care for your client’s aches and pains. Infused with stone crop and arnica, the Stone Crop Body Oil is ideal for massage, hand and foot treatments, or daily moisturizing. With its light scent and matte satin finish, this fast-absorbing body oil will appeal to both male and female clientele.
Complete your client’s service with a deeply moisturizing body treatment. The Stone Crop Body Lotion contains stone crop and lemon to soothe, tone and refresh dry skin. Pair it with the Stone Crop Contouring Body Cream, which is formulated with microalgae and coffee extracts to provide additional hydration and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Apply the Stone Crop Body Lotion Stone Crop Contouring Body Cream to target your client’s problem areas. Follow with an application of the Stone Crop Body Lotion to the back, legs, décolleté and arms. Leave on.
Have you left your clients wanting more? Their treatment doesn’t have to end at the spa. Encourage your clients to elevate their body care ritual with a luxurious home care routine including the new Stone Crop Revitalizing Body Scrub, Stone Crop Body Oil and Stone Crop Contouring Body Cream.
Are you ready to add a signature body treatment to your spa menu? Find out how to partner with Eminence Organics.
This article was originally written by Alisha Whitley in June 2019.