Ready to start a vegan skin care routine but unsure where to begin? As more and more people adopt a plant-based lifestyle, vegan beauty products are on the rise. We’re proud to provide a variety of vegan skin care that is natural, organic and 100% cruelty-free. Here’s our guide to incorporating vegan skin care into your daily routine.
Vegan Skin Care Routine
Adapting your skin care routine to fit your lifestyle doesn’t have to be a difficult switch. At Eminence Organics, we have a vegan option for every step in your skin care routine. Each of these products is cruelty-free and formulated without parabens, animal by-products, synthetic dyes or petrochemicals.
Start off with a clean slate. Wash your face with a vegan cleanser morning and night - even if you’re not wearing makeup. A thorough cleanse not only removes pore-clogging oil and impurities but also preps your skin to better absorb the benefits of the skin care products that follow. Use lukewarm water and be gentle; rubbing vigorously can cause irritation and gradually reduce the elasticity in your skin.
- Normal Skin: Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Cleanser
- Sensitive Skin: Calm Skin Chamomile Cleanser
- Dry Skin: Coconut Milk Cleanser
- Combination Skin: Stone Crop Cleansing Oil
- Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: Acne Advanced Cleansing Foam
- Aging Skin: Firm Skin Acai Cleanser
Follow up with a vegan-friendly toner. Toners complete the cleansing process by removing lingering impurities and replenishing the skin with necessary moisture. Eminence Organics Lead Skin Care Trainer Natalie Pergar calls it the “conditioner” to your cleanse. Using the right toner day and night will balance your complexion and prep your skin for the rest of your routine.
- Normal Skin: Hawthorn Tonique
- Sensitive Skin: Soothing Chamomile Tonique
- Dry Skin: Stone Crop Hydrating Mist
- Combination Skin: Red Currant Mattifying Mist
- Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: Lime Refresh Tonique
- Aging Skin: Neroli Age Corrective Hydrating Mist
3. Mask (Optional)
If you choose, you can apply a vegan face mask once or twice a week. Face masks contain high amounts of concentrated vitamins and nutrient-rich ingredients which make the skin appear healthy, youthful and resilient. In addition to hydrating and moisturizing skin, masks can be used to tackle skin concerns like acne and the visible signs of aging.
- Normal Skin: Lime Stimulating Masque
- Dry/Sensitive Skin: Yellow Sweet Clover Anti-Redness Masque
- Combination/Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: Acne Advanced Clarifying Masque
- Aging Skin: Firm Skin Acai Masque
4. Serum, Concentrate Or Facial Oil
Your daily routine should also include a serum, concentrate or facial oil. These products contain concentrated amounts of active ingredients to target your specific skin concerns and conditions. They also assist in neutralizing the visible effects of drying environmental stressors. You can use one at a time or layer multiple oils and serums in order of consistency - lightest to richest.
- Normal Skin: Lilikoi Light Defense Face Primer SPF 23
- Sensitive Skin: Cornflower Recovery Serum
- Dry Skin: Facial Recovery Oil
- Combination Skin: Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Concentrate
- Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: Clear Skin Willow Bark Booster-Serum
- Aging Skin: Bamboo Firming Fluid
Keep your skin soft, supple and protected with an organic vegan moisturizer. This skin care step not only smooths rough and dry skin but also provides support for the skin’s natural lipid barrier. A healthy moisture barrier is essential for the skin to retain hydration and repel damaging and drying irritants. You can choose to apply your daily moisturizer both morning and night or opt for a richer night cream in the evening.
- Normal Skin: Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream
- Sensitive Skin: Calm Skin Chamomile Moisturizer
- Dry Skin: Apricot Calendula Nourishing Cream
- Combination Skin: Red Currant Protective Moisturizer SPF 30
- Oily/Acne-Prone Skin: Acne Advanced Clarifying Hydrator
- Aging Skin: Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer