Eminence Organics sugar scrubs smell good enough to eat but please don’t taste them - instead, give these delicious organic sugar cookies a try. Incorporating the coconut, cranberries, and blueberries found in our newly packaged sugar scrubs, these beautiful sugar cookies are the perfect way to welcome spring.
Coconut Cranberry Organic Sugar Cookies with Blueberry Filling Recipe
Makes 10 - 12 large sandwiched cookies
- 1 cup organic virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1½ cups organic raw cane sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 2¼ cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup organic dried cranberries
- ¼ cup organic flaked coconut
- 1 c. flour for work surface
- 1 cup organic blueberry jam (for filling)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until well-combined.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture gradually, mixing well to combine fully.
- Mix in vanilla. *if dough is too crumbly to form a large ball with your hands, mix in 1 to 2 teaspoons room temperature water.
- Stir in dried cranberries and coconut.
- Flour clean working surface and roll out dough to approx. ¼” thickness.
- Cut an even number of cookies with a round glass or cookie cutter. Use a small cookie cutter to cut a “window” in the middle of half of the sugar cookies.
- Place cut sugar cookies onto baking sheet, spacing about 1½-inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 until dough is used up. Allow sugar cookies to cool completely on wire rack.
- Once cooled, spread thin layer of blueberry jam on “windowless” cookies.
- Place window-cut cookies on top of whole sugar cookies so the jam shows through.
- Enjoy your sugar cookies with loved ones!
Adapted from: add a pinch The BEST Chewy Sugar Cookies Recipe
Not only is natural sugar cane a sweet and tasty treat, it’s also an excellent exfoliant alternative to harmful plastic microbeads. Eminence Organics sugar scrubs are available in three formulas: Cranberry Pomegranate, Blueberry Soy, and Coconut - winner of Best Sugar Scrub in the Dermascope Aestheticians’ Choice Awards 2016.
Have you tried this recipe? Any tweaks you recommend? Let us know in the comments below and join the conversation on social media.