Green Spa Program Requirements
Eminence has initiated a green spa policy and certificate program designed to reward those actively supporting the green movement while inspiring others to do more in their spas and salons. The program is designed with requirements for certification as an Eminence Green Spa, and each spa needs to fulfill 60% of the conditions below…but your commitment doesn’t need to end there! Contact your Sales Representative today to enroll in the Green Spa Program.
Benefits to being a part of the Green Spa Program:
- Save money: By conserving energy and reducing waste, your business can shave hundreds of dollars off your utility bills every year.
- Increase revenue: Use the Green concepts to your marketing advantage as people love to support eco-friendly companies.
- Add convenience: Purchasing eco-friendly products through online sources can save time and money.
- Added benefits from Eminence: By becoming an Eminence Green Spa you will receive a certificate and sticker for display in your facility letting clients know that you are part of the green movement.
Eminence Green Spa Certification Program Requirements:
Spas and salons must meet 60% of the following requirements in order to be recognized as an Eminence Green Spa.
- Use power strips in treatment rooms and office areas and turn them off when equipment is not in use.
- Use reusable or biodegradable options whenever possible with your food and beverage services instead of paper and plastic cups, plates and flatware.
- Establish an in-spa recycling awareness program. Place recycling bins next to trash cans with clearly marked signs indicating what constitutes acceptable waste.
- Use natural, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning supplies instead of chemical based products.
- Limit the amount of linens provided to guests. Offer only what they may need with the option of additional linens upon request. This would include towels, robes, etc.
- Purchase all condiments and supplies (creamer, sugar, paper goods, and hand soaps) in bulk. This is also a wise financial choice.
- Buy organic and fair-trade coffee.
- Adjust A/C by 2 degrees in the summer and turn your thermostat down 2 degrees in the winter to use less energy. This will also save you money on your hydro bills!
- Use halogen, LED, CLF or low-voltage track lighting in at least 50% of your sources.
- Program all computer monitors to Sleep Mode after 15 minutes or more.
- Use filtered water taps instead of buying bottles drinking water. This is a cheaper alternative to buying bottled water and limits waste.
- Print all marketing materials on recycled paper with vegetable based inks.
- Reuse previously used paper for in-spa memos, notes, scratch paper.
- Display the Eminence Green Brochure in prominent areas around your spa.
- Designate time at staff meetings to discuss new and existing environmental efforts.
- Provide staff with information on how they can improve their green efforts at home as well in the spa.