Forests for the Future
When you buy Eminence Organic Skin Care, we plant a tree for every product sold.
WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PLANTING TREES
Over 12 Million Trees Planted Worldwide
Through our Forests for the Future initiative, Eminence plants a tree for every product sold, allowing us to support communities in developing countries. Because we plant a tree every time you purchase one of our retail products, Eminence has planted 12 million trees so far!
We are the first and only skin care company to have planted over 12 million trees.
Forests Can Change the Future
These trees help restore the environment, reduce the impact of climate change and create a greener earth for future generations. We’ve planted trees in more than 22 countries around the world. In developing countries, this equips people to grow their own food and build sustainable incomes for their families. In addition, a number of promising climate-smart agroforestry practices have been developed to improve crop yields and to revitalize soil health, water use efficiency and carbon storage.
In 2016, Eminence received the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) Innovate Award for Philanthropic Initiatives for the Forests for the Future program which plants a tree for every retail product purchased. The life-changing impact of Forests for the Future is only possible because of the ongoing support of our dedicated spa partners!
Children in Senegal thanking Eminence Organic Skin Care
THE POWER OF A SINGLE TREE
• Produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year
• Absorbs as much carbon in a year as a car produces driving 26,000 miles
• Helps lower air temperature and helps combat climate change
• Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots
• Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration
A DEEPER LOOK: SUSTAINABLE TREE PLANTING PRACTICES IN AFRICA
Eminence’s Forests for the Future Program helps train farmers in developing countries on how to build productive and sustainable crops and farms. We plant a tree for every product sold, enabling the development of rural communities, empowering local people to restore their environment, grow their own food and build a sustainable income and future for themselves, their families and their communities. Eminence is proud to be able to continually contribute to the development of these regions.
By planting specific types of fast-growing trees, fruit trees, hardwoods and food crops in a systematic manner over a four-year period, families can positively change their lives forever. Program participants plant thousands of trees that provide families with sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, fuelwood and a 400% increase in their annual income in four years.
Here are some specific milestones this program has recently achieved:
- Trained and supported at least 200 farming families – protecting approximately 2,000 people from extreme poverty
- Produced and planted at least 400,000 fruit, nut and forestry trees each year for household consumption and sale
- Generated an additional estimated annual income of $5,800 per farmer by the fourth year and significantly higher growth in the 5-10 years that follow