If you’ve peeked under your clothes lately and gasped at the condition of your dry, winter skin, it’s time for the miracle benefits of a sugar scrub. Packed with gritty, raw sugar cane granules, sugar scrubs are the best way to exfoliate your body and prepare your skin for the summer months. Here’s how to use a sugar scrub to slough away tired, winter skin from head to toe in an all-natural way.
1. Step in the shower or bathtub and wet your skin all over.
2. Squeeze or scoop a generous amount of the sugar scrub into your hand. You may also use a body brush, face cloth or exfoliating gloves.
3. Massage gently in circular motions on legs, hands, arms, elbows and any part of the body that needs smoothing.
4. Rinse well with warm water. To allow more absorption of properties into the skin, you can let the scrub sit on the skin for a few minutes before rinsing. Pat dry.
5. Follow with a lotion like Eminence Organics Coconut Firming Body Lotion for extra moisture. If you’re on your way out, apply Eminence Organics Tropical Vanilla Body Sunscreen for protection as well.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I EXFOLIATE MY BODY?
Now that you’ve mastered the technique for exfoliating all over, you may ask yourself, “How often should I exfoliate my body?” For those with hardier skin types, exfoliating two to three times a week maintains soft skin all over. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to restrict yourself to a good scrub just once a week. Of course, if your skin is feeling delicate after exposure to the sun or shaving, you should avoid exfoliating altogether.
WHY USE a SUGAR SCRUB?
A full body scrub with sugar is essential for a number of reasons. A sugar scrub:
1. Removes dead skin cells - Sugar cane granules and alpha hydroxy acids work together to lift and remove dry, dead skin cells that have accumulated over the winter season.
2. Increases circulation - Exfoliating with granules stimulates your circulation, increasing blood flow and invigorating the skin with more oxygen.
3. Prepares for more effective hydration and better sunscreen protection - Without dead skin cells and dirt in the way, body lotions and sunscreen sink more quickly and effectively into the skin.
4. Smooths the skin - Of course, the top reason for using sugar scrubs is soft and silky skin. With swimsuits and sundresses de rigeur for warm weather, you’ll want the smoothest skin for summer.
THE BEST EMINENCE ORGANICS SUGAR SCRUBS
Eminence Organics sugar scrubs cover a range of needs for exfoliating the body and prepping your skin for summer. Here are three Eminence Organics sugar scrubs for three different skin issues:
FOR DRY SKIN
Eminence Organics Coconut Sugar Scrub is your delightful solution for dry skin. Using the scrub’s key ingredient of virgin coconut oil, you can buff and hydrate your skin to a soft and supple finish.
FOR DULL SKIN
If you’re looking for a refreshing exfoliation, choose Eminence Organics Blueberry Soy Sugar Scrub with rejuvenating berries and rich non-GMO soy. Antioxidant-packed blueberries will leave your skin looking healthier than ever
FOR ROUGH SKIN
For another delicious selection, experience Eminence Organics Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub and its vitamin-rich fruit ingredients. This scrub tightens the look of skin and reveals a silky, smooth surface.
With three different scrubs to pick from, you’re spoiled for choice. Buy an Eminence Organics Sugar Scrub for at-home use or experience it an Eminence spa near you.
Which Eminence Organics sugar scrub will reveal your best summer body this year? Let us know in the comments below and join the conversation on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: