Just when you think you’ve tried every possible smoothie recipe on the planet, along comes something called the “smoothie bowl”. Your Instagram feed is filled with them and lifestyle bloggers are raving about them - so what’s so special about these so-called smoothie bowls anyway? Despite the fact that they look like beautifully crafted pieces of art - these little beauties are filled with so much healthy goodness - that we can’t help but embrace this healthy trend!
From detox smoothies to elixirs inspired by Éminence product ingredients - it’s easy to tell that we love feeding our skin with antioxidants and nutrients from the inside out. Inspired by some of the fresh and fruity ingredients in our masques, here’s an Éminence take on the trending smoothie bowl, a recipe that will change the way you eat breakfast.
- 3/4 to 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (we used a mixture of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries )
- 1 cup of fresh organic spinach
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 large banana, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries)
- 2 tsp of sliced raw almonds (crushed walnuts or pecans would also work)
- 2 tsp of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp of dried goji berries
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of your favorite organic granola and/or desiccated coconut flakes
- Place almond milk, flax seed, frozen berries, spinach, coconut oil and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you have trouble blending, add more almond milk as desired.
- Place smoothie mixture in a medium bowl.
- Top the smoothie bowl by adding the remaining fruit, berries, nuts and other desired ingredients. Use your own creative flair!
- Serve immediately & enjoy.