The Only Pumpkin Spice Bar Recipe You Need
With Halloween fast approaching, we’ll admit we have pumpkins on the brain. We’re carving art-worthy jack o’ lanterns and guzzling PSLs so why not put some of this delicious orange squash on the dessert plate as well? Similar to other autumn produce like yams and beets, pumpkins are packed with antioxidants and vitamins - so load up on pumpkin nutrients and gratify your sweet tooth guilt-free (almost).
Here’s one of our favorite fall recipes for Pumpkin Spice Bars with a dollop of healthy(er) cream cheese frosting:
PUMPKIN SPICE BARS
(Try to use organic ingredients where possible)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 free-range eggs
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup organic canned pumpkin pie mix
¼ cup milk or almond milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Light cream cheese frosting
¼ cup light cream cheese
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
5 tablespoons of powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients. Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie mix until combined. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. Combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract and blend together until smooth. Add a little milk to thin out if necessary.
5. Spread frosting before cutting into slices and serving.
Enjoy the nutritional benefits of pumpkin in your professional skin care choices also. Our Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque is one of our top picks for the cool autumn season. Formulated for dry skin, it balances out moisture issues and promotes a smooth and vibrant complexion.
What's your favorite way of enjoying pumpkins this fall? Let us know in the comments below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Autumn Chop Salad For Fall Skin Care