#EveryDayEarthDay: Green Celebrity Tips
They may drive a fancier Prius or model for H&M’s new sustainable clothing line, but when it comes to environmentally-conscious celebrities, you may find that they’re not that different from you and me.
We look at three top environmental celebrities (who have all used Eminenc Organics' eco-friendly products!) and get some green tips for everyday life. When it comes to saving the planet, these Hollywood stars have built up some serious eco credibility:
- Celebrity environmental activist Alicia wrote the books The Kind Diet and The Kind Mama, as well as founding The Kind Life blog which includes recipes, animal rights and eco style.
- Her concern for the planet extends to committing to a vegan diet.
- Her own home is powered by solar panels and features a large organic garden (Shape).
- Eminence Organics products she loves: Stone Crop Whip Moisturizer and Stone Crop Body Lotion.
“I try to be environmentally responsible in everything I do and everything I bring into my life. Every time I make a decision, I think, ‘How is this going to affect the environment?’ So if I need mouthwash, I’m not going to buy a huge plastic bottle filled with toxins—I’m going to look for a brand that uses clean ingredients and comes in a recycled bottle. I do the same thing when I make other decisions about my health, home, and food. I really think hard about what is the most responsible choice.”
"The earth is what we all have in common."
- Wendell Berry #EarthDayEveryDay via @eminenceorganic ---> CLICK TO TWEET
- Celebrity face of H&M’s sustainable clothing line.
- Active member of the Environmental Media Association and supports their organic urban gardens at L.A. schools.
- Advocates for the charity Power Up Gambia which promotes solar energy (EcoNewsNetwork).
"It can seem impossible to eat, shop, travel, or bathe without somehow destroying Earth and most of its inhabitants. Maybe if we all take small steps in the right direction, we can at least avoid...ensuring total world annihilation."
- One of the best known environmental celebs, Cameron was an early supporter of the Toyota Prius car.
- Once starred in the original MTV environmental reality series, Trippin (Shape).
- Purchases carbon offsets for all her travel.
- Eminence Organics product she loves: Facial Recovery Oil
"All of us put out a certain amount of emissions from our day-to-day life, from either our cars, or from our travel, and the energy our houses use, and I work with several different groups that either buy alternative energy credits or plant trees so you do the calculations on how much energy you consume and how much emissions you put out and you try to offset it by utilizing alternative energies as well as planting trees. It's cool."
We’re taking Cameron’s advice and planting some trees ourselves next week. Look out for our posts on social media about our tree-planting activity on April 25 at Everett Crowley Park in Vancouver, BC Canada. Just follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and keep an eye out for our hashtag #EveryDayEarthDay.