It’s the crack of dawn, and after hitting the snooze button at least three times, you’ve come to the realization that squeezing a healthy, nutritious breakfast into your morning routine is probably not going to happen.
Wake up call: eating a wholesome morning meal will actually save you time in the long run. A nutritious breakfast helps recharge your brain and body and gives you the fuel you need to stay energetic and efficient throughout the course of your busy day (WebMd).
To get your morning off to a good start, we have a heathy recipe that you can prepare the night before (so you can get out the door on time). This quick and easy parfait checks off all of the boxes for a wholesome breakfast – it’s filled with nutrient-rich oats, nuts, seeds and layers of yogurt to keep you full all morning long.
- 3 cups of organic quick oats
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 to 1.5 cups of almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tub (8oz) of plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free version. We used dairy-free cultured almond yogurt.
- 2 cups of mixed organic berries (frozen or fresh). We used a mix of fresh, organic blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, almonds, coconut, ground flax seed and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add almond milk and honey and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
- Add the oat/nut mixture to the saucepan – stir until combined. Add more honey to taste if desired.
- Set the oat/nut mixture aside to cool.
- Add oats/nuts, yogurt and berries to mason jars, alternating layers.
- Store in the refrigerator – the recipe should make enough to fill 4-5 mason jars (depending on the size).
- We suggest making this on a Sunday night so you have a week’s worth of healthy breakfasts for the week ahead!
Do you have a favorite go-to healthy breakfast? Please share in the comments below.