We are all guilty of giving our face too much attention during our skin care routines. We carefully apply masks, serums and moisturizers to the space between our hairlines and our jawlines, neglecting the delicate skin around our necks. Not to be ignored, the neck has thinner, more fragile skin than the face, making it especially vulnerable to signs of aging like forming neck lines. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to hide and prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging around this delicate area.
How To Get Rid Of Neck Wrinkles
We already have a guide on developing silky skin and getting rid of wrinkles for your elbows, knees and hands. But what about the too-often neglected neck? Wrinkles or lines that crop up around our neck area are called "tech neck." Never fear, we’ve gathered some easy solutions for you to treat signs of aging around your neck. First up, gua sha techniques!
Gua Sha For Neck and Face
Gua sha is an amazing tool for sculpting your face and toning down the appearance of your neck wrinkles. Gua sha tools help to relieve neck and facial tension, reduce eye puffiness and improve lymphatic flow throughout the body. In other words, using gentle pressure to move waste fluids away from a tense area. If you have a gua sha tool, watch this demonstration video to learn how you can smooth the look of lines in the comfort of your own home.
You can also follow these steps:
- Start by cleansing your face and neck
- Apply 4 - 10 drops of your preferred facial oil
- Scrape the tool up your neck on both sides
- Then sweep from the middle of your chin up your jawline
- After this sweep over your cheeks finishing at the hairline
- Sweep over your eyebrow and up towards your hairline
- Sweep from between the eyebrows up to the hairline
- Finally, sweep from the middle of your forehead to the hairline
- Repeat on the other side of your face
- Make sure to sweep each area between 3 - 10 times before moving onto the next part of the face. Also, be sure to keep the tool flat against your face. If you feel it drag or pull on your skin, add more oil.
Moisturize For Hydration
Hydration is key to preventing and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. We suggest using our Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream for Face & Neck before turning in for the night. After cleansing, apply this luxurious night cream to the skin, starting from the collarbone and working your way to the jawline in fluid, upward motions. Enriched with monoi, argan oil and our exclusive Argan Stem Cell Complex, thhis deeply hydrating moisturizer nourishes and replenishes the skin overnight, leaving you with skin that appears smoother, softer and more youthful.
Give Your Skin An Instant Lift
Some days, your skin needs an extra boost. For results you can see instantly, we suggest using our Hibiscus Ultra Lift Neck Cream. Apply it under your usual daytime moisturizer to visibly tighten the skin in the neck and décolletage area in minutes. A blend of hibiscus and botanical hyaluronic acid enriches and hydrates the skin, while all-natural active ingredients like paprika and edelweiss revitalize and tighten sagging skin, smoothing away the appearance of wrinkles.
Take full advantage of fall fashion trends. Silk scarves, chunky chokers and layered turtlenecks are not only classic wardrobe staples. They’re also a chic alternative to more invasive cosmetic procedures. Extra points for items in lime green or other bold colors, the must-have hues of the moment.
Stretch It Out
Stretch your neck daily to tighten weak muscles, stimulate blood circulation and allow greater oxygen flow and nourishment into your skin cells. Try these simple stretches to keep the skin around your neck looking smooth and wrinkle free:
- Tilt your head back. Press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth and swallow. Repeat with your head tilted to the right, then with your head tilted to the left.
- Place your fingertips at the base of the neck and lightly pull the skin downwards while slowly tilting your head back. Hold for a few seconds, tilt your head back towards your chest and repeat.
Have you tried the Monoi Age Corrective Exfoliating Cleanser or the Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream for Face & Neck? Let us know in the comments below!
This article was originally written in September 2016.