Sales Team Manager
Location: Position operates from the Vancouver Central Office: Cambie and Broadway, Vancouver, BC with approximately 10% travel.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Team Manager application in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, February 22nd, 2021: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Key Requirement for the role: Previous experience managing Outside Sales Representatives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Sales Team Manager (STM) is a key role in providing sales & service to the North American Spas & Salons (Distributors/Spa Partners) where Eminence product is sold B2B through retail shelves and professional spa services. The STM is responsible for driving optimal company-wide Service and Sales results in North America through a Team of 8-12 Outside Sales Representatives who each run separate territories; each territory containing 30-250 authorized Distributors.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Sales Team Manager reports to the Senior Outside Sales Manager and is directly responsible for the performance of a Team of Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs). The Sales Team Manager works closely with the Sales & Loyalty Program Manager, Customer Education Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Key Account Managers, Business Development Specialists, Business Analysis Manager and Sales Support Administrator. There are 4 other Sales Team Managers who all manage different territories across North America. All 5 Managers operate from the Vancouver Central Office.
Roles and Responsibilities
Outside Sales Team Management
- Lead Quarterly reviews with assigned OSRs to ensure each territory’s sales are achieving forecasted targets
- Conduct periodic one-on-one meetings in selected territories where sales are behind forecast
- Ensure that the Eminence Loyalty Program and other sales tools are leveraged in each territory (with the assistance of the Sales Program Manager)
- Present & facilitate as needed at the Eminence Annual Business Conference to train OSRs in sales improvement techniques
- Visit a minimum of 4-5 OSRs per year in their territories
- Ensure that the New Accounts opened by OSRs are consistent with the Eminence brand
- Attend 1-2 industry tradeshows per year
Sales Forecasting & Target Management
- Create annual Sales Forecasts for each Territory of assigned OSRs
- Manage the achievement of the monthly, quarterly & annual targets for Existing Accounts & New Accounts in assigned Territories
- Ensure that each Spa Partner situation has been handled professionally and punctually by the Outside Sales Team
- Follow up on escalated Spa Partner situations until resolved
Inside Sales Team Support
- Attend weekly Inside Sales Team meetings
- Answer sales and service questions from Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs)
- Assist ISR team with Spa Partner related questions
- Assist ISRs in forging the most effective partnership with their assigned Outside Sales Representatives
- Contribute actively in meetings relating to Sales Programs, Launches, Forecasting, Sales Contests and in one-on-one weekly meetings with the Senior Outside Sales Manager
- Provide improvement ideas in the weekly Sales Leader meetings in order to provide the best support and service to our Outside Sales Team and our Spa Partners
Leadership & Human Resources
- Exemplify the Eminence Leadership Best Practices in leading each territory
- Ensure the Outside Sales Team is engaged with their leader and the Company
- Assist Outside Sales Representatives as necessary to hire and train within their territory
- Manage the recruitment process for new OSRs
- Partner with the Sales Onboarding Specialist to assist with training and setting performance standards
- Monitor and communicate progress on key goals and initiatives to each OSR
- Provide ongoing coaching and support as necessary to the Team
- Discuss territory performance issues promptly with OSRs and supportively manage the performance improvement process
- Conduct regular scheduled one-on-one meetings with OSRs
- Management of a Team of Outside Sales Representatives - minimum 2 years
- Experience as Outside Sales Representative / Account Executive - minimum 4-5 years
- Sales Technique Training & Coaching to Sales Representatives - minimum 2 years
- Management of a commissioned Sales Team - minimum 2 years
- Experience as a commissioned Sales Representative - minimum 2 years preferred
- Background in the Esthetic or Health & Beauty industry - preferred
- Wholesale/B2B sales experience - preferred
- Retail sales and merchandizing experience – an asset
- Leadership skills
- Sales skills
- Sales Coaching skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking and prioritizing capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Customer resolution skills
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Training experience preferred
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: