People & Culture Manager
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with People & Culture Manager in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, December 1st at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, December 9th, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of organic skin care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as Favorite Skin Care Line and Favorite Product Education, both for ten years in a row, as well as Favorite All-Natural Line for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple Best of the Best readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The People & Culture Manager (PCM) partners with the Director of People & Culture to provide Human Resources subject matter expertise and support to ensure alignment with the strategic goals of the company.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The People & Culture Manager reports (PCM) to the Director of People & Culture (DPC) and indirectly to the Director of Operations & Organization Development. The PCM also leads a team of HR professionals including two Recruitment Specialists and an HR Coordinator, while partnering with the HR Analyst to provide HR support to all of the Eminence Organics team-members in North America (both employees and independent contractors).
Roles and Responsibilities
Human Resources Leadership & Support
- Partner with the Director of People & Culture in the development and management of programs, processes and guidelines
- Provide Human Resources support to leaders including employee issues, performance development and implementation of employee programs
- Participate in meetings, respond to team-members’ HR inquiries and escalate as needed
- Maintain and improve HR Standard Materials (correspondence, forms, policies, procedures, PowerPoints, checklists, contracts)
- Prepare offer letters and contracts for special circumstances
- Coordinate research, policy preparation and response to basic legislative inquiries and/or claims
- Conduct needs analysis and recommendations on policy issues and new programs
- Assist in the management of the annual performance review process
- Maintain Health and Safety processes
Recruitment & Attraction
- In collaboration with the Director of People & Culture, develop and implement a multi-year recruitment and selection strategy
- Provide specialized and technical expertise to promote best practices in recruitment, selection and strategic sourcing of talent
- Oversee the day to day activities of the recruiting responsibilities of the HR Specialists: recruiting, testing and interviewing processes and practices
- Provide backup coverage to the HR Specialists to support Hiring Managers in recruiting efforts including screening, interviewing and reference checks
- Lead, coach, mentor, train and develop the recruiting team
- Collaborate with the HR team and Director of People & Culture to manage the implementation and sustainability of recruitment programs
- Partner to complete the implementation of the electronic Talent Acquisition System.
- Implement recruitment best practices, techniques and tools
- Develop and implement an innovative recruitment and selection strategy for hard-to-fill positions
- Implement a proactive recruitment approach by developing a talent pipeline
- Review and analyze recruitment trends and interpret results to make recommendations for best practices
- Manage relationships with external recruiting resources and key recruiting networks/associations
Employee Onboarding, Offboarding & Orientation Programs
- Monitor and develop programs and processes to ensure effectiveness
- Improve and standardize Onboarding, Orientation, Reorientation and Training Plans for New Team members & Contractors
- Conduct Onboarding and Orientation activities as required
Employee Engagement & Retention
- Contribute to Eminence’s culture so that the culture exemplifies the core values, supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee engagement & retention
- Partner with the Director of People & Culture to conduct the annual Team-Member Opinion Survey
- Recommend opportunities for increased employee engagement
- Conduct, report and provide recommendations for Exit Interviews and New Employee Check-in Meetings
- Research & provide ideas to optimize the effectiveness of Employee Programs such as Length of Service, Tuition Reimbursement, Training, Wellness
- Manage Employee Leave Program (vacation and administration of extended leaves of absence) including documentation, meetings and follow-up as required
- Create and maintain the team-member recognition budget
Key Performance Indicators & Bonus Payments
- Support the Director of People & Culture in ensuring that all team-members have role-specific KPIs
- Assist in calculating, processing and reporting on Quarterly & Annual Bonuses
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate our core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Ability to partner with leaders to address specific, unique business needs through people
- Effective conversation facilitation and conflict resolution and skills
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high pressure, multiple-deadline environment, and to work well with minimal supervision and with many styles of direct leadership
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong Customer Service focus
- 7+ years of increasing levels of experience in a Generalist HR role with demonstrated experience in all aspects of job description
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Ability to coach leaders through a variety of complex leadership situations and conversations
- Operations Management experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook mail, tasks, and calendar-management capabilities
- Proven experience in Contract Employment standards and regulations and their application in the workplace with Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Experience in conducting training an asset
Education and Credentials
- Completion of a diploma program in Human Resources or related field plus 5-7 years broad Human
- Resources Generalist experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources rules, regulations, contracts, policies and procedures related to the work performed
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and effective business communications
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in attracting, recruiting, interviewing and testing candidates
- Knowledge of performance development processes
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: