Lead Software Developer
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Lead Software Developer in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, October 20th at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, November 18th, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of organic skin care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as Favorite Skin Care Line and Favorite Product Education, both for ten years in a row, as well as Favorite All-Natural Line for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple Best of the Best readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Lead Software Developer is a hands-on software development role and managing a team of Software Developers who build and support Eminence business software programs. The Lead oversees all aspects of requirements-gathering, project management, development, testing and user experience for Eminence’s software applications and websites.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Lead Software Developer reports to the Director of Information Services and leads a team of four (4) Software Developers. The lead also partners with the System Administrator and Technical Support Lead while working in collaboration with internal team members from Product Development, Operations & Organization Development, Marketing & Communications, Supply Chain, Customer Education, Business Development, Order Services, Sales and Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
Software Development - Leadership & Support
- Lead the Software Team in the design and building of business software programs
- Implement code-standards to ensure uniform appearance, readability, maintainability and optimal
- Ensure Software Developers are creating upgradeable, reusable, error free code
- Support hosting environments, e.g. AWS, Windows Server
- Work closely with all teams to ensure that systems meet business requirements
- Perform unit testing or coordinate unit testing and QA with available resources
- Help design systems which prioritize user experience
Project Management & Communications
- Administrate SVN, Git or a similar form of version-control software
- Create, track and update project plan(s) for all software projects
- Contribute and/or oversee the requirements-gathering process
- Communicate milestone dates to team-members in the project and appropriate leaders
- Maintain communication with stakeholders to share key details of each project
- Utilize an Agile approach to software development
- Partner in the recruitment and selection of new software development team-members (posting jobs,
filtering resumes and interviewing candidates)
- Provide orientation, training, performance expectations, onboarding and coaching for all new hires
- Monitor and communicate progress on key goals and initiatives to team-members
- Assist in developing training plans and materials, policies and procedures
- Ensure tools are prepared for each new hire on their first day of work
- Provide ongoing coaching to the team on all aspects of the role
- Discuss performance issues promptly with team-members and supportively manage the performance
- Conduct regular scheduled one on ones with team-members
- Prepare & assist in conducting annual performance reviews for team-members
- Exemplify the Eminence Leadership Best Practices
- Experience managing software developers (minimum 2-5 years)
- Ability to develop software in a business environment (minimum 5 years)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience with QA/QC and testing (minimum 1-2 years)
- Experience with unit testing in Visual Studio and/or PHP Storm
- Experience working with software programming languages such as PHP, C#
- Knowledge of API programing, SQL Server, MySQL and Webservices
- Knowledge or experience in AWS or similar hosting an asset
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Effective time management, multi-tasking and organizational understanding
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Strong initiative, creativity and excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer skills (especially MS Word, Outlook, intermediate to advanced Excel)
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: