Customer Education Instructional Designer
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Customer Education Instructional Designer in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, March 29th, 2021: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Customer Education Instructional Designer is responsible for designing tools and resources to support the delivery of award-winning education for Eminence’s skin care and services. This includes creating industry leading, interactive, engaging and effective training and education support materials for use in instructor-led, online, hybrid, and self-directed learning for all audiences across Eminence’s Team-members, Spa Partners, International and Online Distributors, and Retail Customers.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Customer Education Instructional Designer (CEID) works closely with all members of the Customer Education Team which includes the Customer Education teams in Eminence’s Central Office and Team-members spread geographically around North America. The CEID will also drive training design and retention in collaboration with many cross-functional teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout Eminence, including Product Development, Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Digital, Public Relations, and Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
Education Resources Design
- Create high-quality, effective training tools to directly support learning needs and objectives for multiple audiences including Eminence Team-members, Spa Partners and Retail Customers
- Use instructional design best practices to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances learner participation, engagement, retention, and transfer of desired learning objectives
- Develop and maintain training materials including storyboards, facilitation guides, presentations, instructional videos, print assets, manuals and handbooks, social media content, and online resources to support progressive learning and consistency across touchpoints
- Create supporting media (e.g. instructional videos, animations, infographics) in collaboration with the Marketing, Digital and Creative Services Teams
- Incorporate gamification and storytelling to enhance learner experience (e.g. through the use of simulations, role plays, games, and other participatory activities)
- Ensure all training materials comply with established design standards
- Partner with the Customer Education Project Manager to map and document the resources design process, including steps required for scoping, creation, launch and maintenance of training materials
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) from Customer Education, Product Development, Sales and Marketing to perform gap analysis and identify training needs
- Identify and implement methods of evaluating learner performance against outlined learning objectives
- Use evaluation and feedback to proactively seek opportunities to continually improve existing training materials into award-winning curricula and programs
- Propose and support the implementation of new initiatives focused on evolving education tools, delivery, and evaluation methods
- Support preparation of information for company-wide conference calls, go to market, and other meetings
- Ensure Customer Education projects meet established deadlines and goals, and provide regular project updates to direct leader
- Chair, attend and assist with meetings as required, including with members of the Executive and Senior Leadership; create, maintain and circulate meetings agendas, notes and action items for meetings
- Some travel may be required within North America and abroad to support, review and evaluate training delivery
- Occasional work outside of core business hours may be required to support education deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Adult Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related discipline
- 3+ years combined experience in designing and delivering training solutions using a variety of instructional modalities across multiple platforms (eLearning, video, instructor-led, and others)
- 2+ years of facilitating and conducting in-person learning required
- Online course development and/or delivery experience required
- Strong knowledge base in adult learning theory, curriculum, instructional design and eLearning
- Demonstrated strong working proficiency in one or more instructional design software tools, e.g., Articulate 360, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc. and at least one Learning Management System
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of lesson and curriculum planning
- Team leadership experience is an asset
- Demonstrated needs assessment and needs analysis experience
- Project management experience is an asset
- Experience of successful education in a retail environment, in order to support retail conversion, from product awareness all the way through to product purchase preferred
- Ability to simplify and translate complex concepts into easily understood and recalled content
- Exceptional instructional design skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Exceptional PowerPoint and presentation design skills
- Highly creative with exceptional visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Proficiency in MS Office (including advanced PowerPoint and intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in one or more webinar hosting tools
- Ability manage multiple, complex projects with diverse and cross-functional groups
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, organizational skills
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Bilingualism (French & English) is considered an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: