Customer Education Design & Delivery Manager
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Customer Education Design & Delivery Manager application in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, December 14th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Customer Education Design & Delivery Manager is responsible for leading the instructional design, delivery, and evaluation of award-winning education for Eminence’s skin care and services. This includes developing industry leading, interactive, engaging and effective training and education support materials and services for use in instructor-led, online, hybrid, and self-directed learning for all audiences across Eminence’s Team-members, Spa Partners, International and Online Distributors, and Retail Customers.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Customer Education Design & Delivery Manager (CEDDM) reports directly to the Director of Customer Education and works closely with all members of the Customer Education team which includes the Customer Education teams in Eminence’s Central Office and Team-members spread geographically around North America. The CEDDM provides direct leadership to Team-members responsible for creating and delivering product-related training. The CEDDM also collaborates cross-functionally with many teams and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout Eminence including Product Development, Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Digital, Public Relations, and Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Education Resource Design
- Design and develop high-quality, informative, and engaging training tools to directly support learning objectives for multiple audiences including Eminence Team-members, Spa Partners and Retail Customers
- Manage design and development of training materials including storyboards, facilitation guides, presentations, instructional videos, print assets, manuals and handbooks, social media content, and online resources to support progressive learning and consistency across touchpoints
- Collaborate with other departments and subject matter experts to develop specifications for course content to support product knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Product launch support
- Training on existing products
- Sales and service skills training
- Retailing and merchandizing
- Proactively seek opportunities to continually evolve existing training materials into award-winning curricula and programs
- Support preparation of information for company-wide conference calls with direction from the Director of Customer Education and/or Director of Product & Education
- Identify the appropriate delivery options and media for training and learning events to ensure participation, engagement and retention of desired learning objectives
- Work one-on-one with the Customer Education Team-members to enhance education delivery
- Identify effective methods of delivering education through education tools and resources including, but not limited to:
- Multimodal Training modules (PowerPoint, videos, animation)
- Online learning
- On-site visits to Spa Partners and Distributors
- Printed assets and handbooks
- Social media content
- Support the Sales Teams in implementing delivery best practices to support education in a retail environment in order to support retail conversation, from skin care knowledge and product awareness through to product purchase
- Evaluate and improve education effectiveness through measurement, testing and feedback
- Utilize existing evaluation tools (e.g. Feedback Surveys from education events) to assess education effectiveness
- Assess, enhance and implement new methods for evaluating education
- Use data to proactively identify and implement opportunities to advance education delivery and services
- Conduct competitive analysis as needed to ensure Eminence is exceeding industry standards
Planning & Project Management
- Prioritize and lead Customer Education projects to meet established deadlines and goals
- Collaborate with the Customer Education Project Manager and the Marketing Operations Team on the creation of critical paths for launches and Customer Education-specific projects ensuring that proper planning has been completed
- Provide regular project updates to the Director of Customer Education
- Propose and support the implementation of new initiatives focused on evolving education tools, delivery, and evaluation methods
- Chair, attend and assist with meetings as required, including with members of the Executive and Senior Leadership; create, maintain and circulate meetings agendas, notes and action items for meetings
- Exemplify the Eminence Core Values
- Exemplify the Eminence Leadership Best Practices
- Some travel may be required within North America and abroad to support, review and evaluate training delivery
- Occasional work outside of core business hours may be required to support education deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Adult Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related discipline
- 5+ years combined experience in designing and delivering training solutions using different instructional modalities across multiple platforms (eLearning, video, instructor-led, and others)
- Online course development and/or delivery experience preferred
- 2+ years of facilitating and conducting in-person learning required
- 3+ years leadership experience required
- Experience leading remote Team-members an asset
- Strong knowledge base in adult learning theory, curriculum, instructional design and eLearning
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Demonstrated needs assessment and needs analysis experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience of successful education in a retail environment, in order to support retail conversion, from product awareness all the way through to product purchase preferred
- Ability to simplify and translate complex concepts into easily understood and recalled content
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects with diverse and cross-functional groups
- Exceptional instructional design skills
- Exceptional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, organizational ability
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Highly entrepreneurial and creative with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in one or more instructional design software tools, e.g., eLearning, Adobe, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office (including advanced PowerPoint and intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in one or more webinar hosting tools
- Bilingualism (French & English) is considered an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: