Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Copywriter in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, March 29th, 2021: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Copywriter is responsible for developing and writing content under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, PR Manager, Project Managers, and the Director of Marketing & Communications. The Copywriter will write online and traditional copy to support projects such as product launches, Spa Partner support and prospecting for new Spa Partners and Retail Customers (collectively called our Customers). The Copywriter will also work with key stakeholders to implement tactical marketing deliverables and branded communications for Eminence Organic Skin Care and its key Customers. The Copywriter will work with cross-functional teams to support various corporate initiatives and any related communication roll-out strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting marketing team within a growing company.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, the Copywriter works closely with all members of the Marketing & Communications Division, including the Director of Marketing & Communications. The Copywriter will also work cross-functionally especially with the teams in Product Development, Sales, Customer Development and Customer Education.
Roles and Responsibilities
Copywriting & Editing
- Create creative positioning strategies and communications strategies based on industry trends, seasonal stories and current product collections
- Transform those strategies into written copy for our trade and Retail Customermarketing channels
- Develop content from concept to completion (including proofreading and editing) for various projects, tasks and deliverables, including advertising & promotional copy; internal & external corporate communications; Eminence's websites; and print materials.
- This includes a wide range of collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, training materials, sales tools, web copy, company descriptions and executive biographies
- Ensure the adherence to Eminence Organic Skin Care brand standards for written content and copy in all marketing communications print and web initiatives - ensure brand integrity in all lines of Eminence Organics' business
- Check overall presentation of copy to ensure consistency in terms of copy style, font & format, product information (where applicable) and performance accuracy, in addition to the regular proofreading concerns of spelling, grammar, punctuation and adherence to established proofreading guidelines (i.e. the AP Stylebook)
Spa Partner Support
- Develop effective and imaginative copy concepts that support Spa Partners' objectives both internally and externally
- Use Creative Briefs to ensure strategic and effective use of internal resources, to capture accurate information and to deliver effective results
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with members of the Eminence creative team
- Continue to investigate new opportunities to enhance Eminence's written content and work closely with the Sales team
Brand Development & Management
- Partner with other Marketing & Communications Division members, create assets that describe our brand and allow us to articulate the Eminence brand consistently, both internally and externally. Examples may include the Eminence Brand Book
- Create and maintain an Eminence Organic Skin Care Copywriting Style Guide
- Maintain these documents so that they reflect any changes in brand styles or guidelines
Collaborate with Digital Content Team to ensure consistency in brand expression across all digital brand touchpoints
Presentation Development & Information Sharing
- Work closely with Creative Director of Product and Launch, Creative Services Manager and designer(s) to create Launch and Non-launch related presentation slides to present to key stakeholders
- Work closely with Sales, Product Development and Customer Education to develop communications and marketing materials that engage partners
- Monitor and utilize the most up-to-date information to reinforce key messages
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Communication tasks within Marketing
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations
- Perform other marketing-related duties, including supporting the Public Relations and Digital Teams, as assigned
- Ensure accuracy of facts, grammar and spelling in all collateral
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting, marketing and/or public relations
- 1+ year experience in web copywriting
- Corporate Communications experience an asset
- Skin care industry experience an asset
- Impeccable written (including spelling and grammar) and spoken English
- Exceptional proofreading and editing abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office (including advanced PowerPoint and intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of web-based technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks & available resources while demonstrating excellent time management
- Project management abilities
- Ability to articulate thoughts & ideas clearly to gain commitment
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work extra hours during busy periods and when requested
- Operating with a forward-thinking, growth mindset
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and other online software (e.g. Survey Monkey, MailChimp) an asset
- Knowledge of project management software (Asana or Trello) an asset
- Knowledge of design software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop) an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: