Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Web Developer application in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, July 27th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Web Developer is responsible for developing and enhancing Eminence’s existing website to create an industry leading ‘best in class’ website. The Web Developer will work with the Software Development Team for the successful implementation of website development projects and new functions. The Web Developer is responsible for developing reusable, scalable and maintainable website solutions.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Web Developer reports directly to the Lead Software Developer and will work closely with the Information Services Team, the Digital Marketing Team and cross-departmentally throughout the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop the technical solutions to improve the website, including coding
- Design of navigational organization, usability, and accessibility of the website
- Contribute ideas for innovation and continual improvement for the user experience
- Ensure website compatibility with Spa Partner (B2B) and Retail Users (B2C) and User-specific browsers
- Ensure existing website development is implemented with SEO best practices in mind
- Testing, documenting and utilizing version control
- Debugging performance issues or errors
- Perform periodic maintenance, security updates, upgrades and other system changes
- Develop and modify systems, based on Drupal and MYSQL codebase
- Perform maintenance programming for existing implementations
- Design, implement database structures
- Manage integration between website(s) and internal systems and databases
- 2 - 5 years' experience developing applications and websites using the Drupal framework including working with Content Types, Fields, Taxonomy, Views, Panels, Features, Modules, etc.,
- Experience with and knowledge of Form, Entity and Views APIs, feature modules, the theming layer, Ajax interfaces, and other advanced topics in Drupal
- Modern PHP web development (PHP, RESTful APIs, JSON)
- Experience using best practice version control methodologies preferably Github
- Experience with interfaces and web services is preferred
- Experience with AWS
- Performance tuning/understanding of Drupal caching layers is preferred
- Experience in application security roles and authentication practices is preferred
- Drupal Core or module maintainer or contributor an asset
- Active in Drupal community (Drupal.org profile, local user groups, etc.) an asset
- Experience consuming open and/or private APIs such as Facebook, Twitter and Google; experience working with Drupal functions and API an asset
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Linux and Windows environments
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interface well and effectively to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical Team-members
- Strong commitment to personal excellence and high quality coding standards
- Solution focused and methodical; careful attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and good debugging skills
- Ability to write clear and detailed technical specifications and documentation
- Ability to consistently develop clean, valid markup
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility to support beyond core business hours
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: