Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with UI/UX Designer in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, September 14th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
Eminence Organic Skin Care is looking for a UI/UX Designer to play a key role on our Digital Experience Team. Our UI/UX Designer will be responsible for conducting user research, creating wireframes and designs, and ultimately encouraging user behavior that drives positive results. The UI/UX role will guide projects through the steps of research, concept, pitch, wireframes, user flow, UI mock-ups and finally, collaborating with developers on implementation. This UI/UX role will be passionate about the Customer experience of both our Spa Partners and Retail Customers and have a strong interest in data driven and performance driven strategies. The UI/UX Designer is responsible for the experience and design of our websites; primarily focused on: www.eminenceorganics.com, www.eminenceorganicfarm.com, and www.eminencekidsfoundation.org.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The UI/UX Designer reports to the Digital Experience Manager (DEM) and will work closely with the entire Digital Team, and cross-departmentally, to further engage both Spa Partners and Retail Customers with our brand and products. The UI/UX role will collaborate with our developers and marketers to imagine and execute a world-class experience for those visiting our websites.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate user behavior and research into actionable data
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and create user journeys for a wide range of devices/platforms including mobile
- Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and preferences
- Continually enhance existing webpages’ functionality and usability to improve the user experience and improve results
- Document instructions, including feature behavior, design, and CSS setting for seamless handoff to development teams
- Create design and testing methodology that elicits stakeholder feedback and buy-in
- Develop new user-facing features based on requirements from the marketing, sales and/or product development teams
- Create and maintain automated UI tests to ensure quality and expected requirements
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX solutions
- Help set technical standards and best practices for website usability
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design
- Optimize web pages for speed and scalability
- Interview both internal and external stakeholders to generate user profiles
Reporting and Meetings
- Attend the Eminence Organic Skin Care Annual Business Conference, as required
- Attend, schedule and chair other meetings as required
- 3+ years of work experience in UI/UX design with examples of work
- 3+ years of work experience working with Business to Consumer eCommerce (Business to Business an asset)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML, CSS
- Experienced user of UI/UX software such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Axure, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, Webflow
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application in UX/UI design adheres to those principles
- Exposure to PCI compliance
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical concepts to non-subject matter experts
- Self-directed with a passion for problem solving
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Thrive in a multi-tasking environment and have experience working with agile development methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Excellent business acumen and deep user empathy
- Expert in communicating ideas in both written and verbal form
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data to stakeholders
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: