Technical Support Lead
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Support Lead in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, October 20th at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, November 18th, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of organic skin care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as Favorite Skin Care Line and Favorite Product Education, both for ten years in a row, as well as Favorite All-Natural Line for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple Best of the Best readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Technical Support Lead is responsible for providing leadership to the Technical Support and Help Desk Team. The team supports a diverse group of users located across 3 locations (including 2 offices and 1 warehouse) as well as providing remote support to the Outside Sales Team around North America. The types of support includes Desktop and User support – this includes use of remote-control software, hardware setup, password resets, e-mail troubleshooting, general PC support, application support, configuring new PCs, printer set-up & support - while logging all technical support calls into a tracking system.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Technical Support Lead reports to the Director of Information Services and leads a Technical Team of two. The lead also partners with the System Administrator and works in collaboration with all members of the Information Services and Development teams. The Technical Lead also works collaboratively with internal team members from Product Development, Operations & Organization Development, Marketing & Communications, Supply Chain, Customer Education, Business Development, Order Services, Sales and Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
Technology Team Supervision
- Lead and manage a team of Technology Support Team-members
- Assign and prioritize tickets and day-to-day tasks, and their assignment to the team
- Partner in the attraction and selection of new team-members (posting jobs, filtering resumes and
- Provide orientation, training, performance expectations and coaching for all new hires
- Ensure tools are prepared for each new hire on their first day of work
- Monitor and communicate progress on key goals and initiatives to team-members
- Assist in developing training plans and materials, policies and procedures
- Provide ongoing coaching to the team on all aspects of the role
- Discuss performance issues promptly with team-members and supportively manage the performance improvement process
- Conduct regular scheduled one-on-ones with team-members
- Prepare & conduct annual performance reviews for all team-members
- Participate in the daily activities of the team as needed
- Provide leadership in configuring and maintaining all business software
- Collaborate with all teams to ensure continuous improvement
- Exemplify the Eminence Leadership Best Practices
- Manage Time-off requests for the team to ensure adequate coverage
User Technical Support
- Be the point of contact for escalation of any technical service matter and/or critical situations
- Provide first level technical support for members of the Executive Team
- Evaluate User feedback to help develop processes and improvements
- Provide after-hours availability for escalation of incidents that affect business operations
- Support the Technical Team with their responsibilities which include:
- Log all support calls into a Help Desk system
- Prioritize & troubleshoot issues either in person or using remote control software
- Resolve hardware and software technical issues according to their priority
- Remediate all workstation, software patches, updates and upgrades
Technical Administration & Documentation
- Provide senior level technical support and administration for all business relevant software and tools
- Create and maintain effective policies and procedures to ensure consistency in approaches to technical solutions, problem solving, implementation and documentation
- Support the Technical Team with their administration & documentation responsibilities
- Work closely and coordinate with the System Administrator to create business policy, security best practice and effective procedures
- Oversee and support the Team in the following areas:
- Inform users of support request status and coach users in how to best use the technology and systems where appropriate
- Report system outages in a timely manner
- Conduct one-to-one Technology onboarding for each new hire
- Inform users of new systems, procedures or updates
- Monitor and report Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics to the Director of Information Services
- Maintain (and create where needed) documentation on user processes, hardware and software
- Maintain the documentation of all server and workstation license deployment
- Receive hardware and update the inventory logs of supplies, users, IP, service tags, etc.
- Maintain project and network-related documentation as required
- 5 or more years of related experience in a technical support role
- 2-5 years of experience leading a team in a technical support environment
- Hands-on experience providing support for workstations, laptops and printers
- Experience with Windows 10, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Office 365 Suite and other workstation related software packages
- Experience working with wired and wireless network devices, including VOIP phones
- Experience with process improvement and change management
- Knowledge and experience with an ITSM tool such as Zendesk or Spiceworks
- Exceptional written/oral communication and project management skills
- Ability to lead in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods and approaches
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, organizational and leadership ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service and resolution skills
- Self-motivated teamplay
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Additional Skills & Experience (Preferred)
- Cisco VOIP Phone systems
- Experience managing Exchange Server and Exchange Server databases
- Experience with Sage suite of products
- Experience managing SQL Server databases
- Cisco Switching and SAN Management
- Cat6 wire termination, patch panels and switches
- Administration and log-checking of backup jobs
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: