Technical Services Manager
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver BC, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm with occasional Technical Support when needed outside of normal work hours.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Technical Services Manager application in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 9pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for Information Technology (IT) management, including System Administration, Help Desk, security, leadership, budget, recommendations for technical acquisitions, development of guidelines, standards, and procedures. The Technical Services Manager develops, reviews, maintains, and coordinates all activities relating to the organization’s technology. The role will design, implement, and monitor security policies and implement security procedures & programs. This position is instrumental in maintaining system availability, service excellence, and will play a key role in developing and maintaining a security culture within Eminence Organics.
The Technical Services Manager works collaboratively with all Divisions and Teams to identify opportunities for improvements to Eminence’s systems.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Technical Services Manager reports to the Director of Information Services and leads the Helpdesk and System Administration Teams. Together, those teams support Eminence end-users with; software, hardware, network, infrastructure, including VOIP, switching, VPN, LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi across several buildings supporting a group of Work-From-Home Users and a sizeable Team of Outside Sales Representatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet with stakeholders, Users and Team Leads to understand the business and its applications
- Partner with Team Leaders to identify what is working, as well as opportunities for improvement
- Prioritize projects and tasks along with the Helpdesk Lead and System Administrator
- Lead the Helpdesk & System Administration Teams by setting priorities, coaching, meetings, 1:1’s
- Consult with other Leaders to determine needs, requirements, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide instruction for Information Services staff (and Contractors when necessary) on projects and tasks
- Partner on the deployment of infrastructure, software, and hardware solutions
- Communicate with Stakeholders the status of various projects, issues, and tasks
- Sponsor, design and oversee the KPIs and metrics for System Administration and Helpdesk Teams
- Calculate Quarterly and Annual KPI’s of Team performance to SLA
- Review KPI results and find opportunities for improvement (coaching, system upgrades, Etc.)
- Attract, recruit, and retain Team-members
IT Strategy, Security & Organizational Maturity
- Assess organizational Information Services management maturity and make recommendations
- Implement approved recommendations along with Helpdesk & System Administration Teams
- Define service management strategies to improve and mature IT service delivery
- Define policies and standards to be employed throughout the IT process
- Review and prioritize opportunities for process improvement and drive improvements
- Co-develop enterprise ‘strategy’ in collaboration with Director and various stakeholders
Incident Planning & Incident Management
- Work with the Technical Teams to lead and drive the incident resolution process
- Design an Incident Management process to align with the company’s service and maturity levels
- Update and maintain the Disaster Recovery Strategy and related documentation
- Point of contact for Information Services to ensure management of critical and high severity incidents
- Support the incident management review process to ensure communication, escalations, investigation
- Participate in review sessions and create impact statements in response to incidents
- 10 years of progressively increasing experience in Information Technology with a minimum of 4 years of experience managing an IT team
- 3+ years of experience managing major incidents at an enterprise level
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and projects
- Excellent grasp of modern infrastructure and networking, data center & related security concepts
- Proficient in IT Service Management tools including Jira Service Desk, ServiceNow or similar
- Knowledge of Azure, O365, Hybrid Cloud and AWS an asset
- Experience with project management
- Experience implementing IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts
- Expertise in business process design and documentation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate Eminence core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Strong Customer service focus; seek opportunities for continuous improvement and strive to create a positive and meaningful Customer experience internally and externally
- Proven experience with organizational change management, including training
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience leading a team through the transformation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with thorough follow-up skills
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: