Technical Project Manager
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Technical Project Manager in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, August 9th, 2020 at 9 pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for coordinating all aspects of project delivery for technology initiatives. The TPM ensures that projects are completed to specification within an established time frame. The TPM will utilize their technical and project management skills and experience to develop and improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Technical Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Information Services and will work closely with the Information Services team and cross-departmentally throughout the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Information Services Team to establish and implement best practices for technical project management
- Develop and refine internal technical project management capabilities
- Develop and maintain information technology plans which outline project status, individual tasks, milestones, completion estimates and resource allocation
- Determine, coordinate and schedule project deliverables of technical personnel while ensuring adherence to established milestones
- Ensure plans are sequenced, prioritized and aligned with resources, Team objectives and technical standards
- Ensure plan objectives and milestones are clearly defined and attainable
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with other Teams to ensure successful completion of project deliverables
- Partner with stakeholders to align expectations and establish reasonable Q/A approvals
- Source and procure contracts with subcontractors and suppliers necessary to complete projects
Project Administration & Delivery
- Schedule, administer and host project meetings
- Serve as the technical and stakeholder advocate during the engagement process
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery including scope definition, deliverables, project budget, project charters and schedules, scope change requests, project timelines and resources
- Provide regular status reports to Team-members and stakeholders
- Use and maintain project management tools, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Establish metrics against which project success will be assessed and ensure that the project meets the expectations of the stakeholders
- Define business process, roles and responsibilities and project communication
- 2-5 years of experience in Technical Project Management required
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent prioritization skills based on business value, resource availability, commitments and backlog
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing Team-members with respect to project deliverables
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines
- Strong sense of flexibility and personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising projects
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict and to proactively resolve challenges
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Kanban method /Agile development cycles
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interface well and effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical Team-members
- Solution focused and methodical; careful attention to detail
- Ability to write clear and detailed technical specifications and documentation
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: