Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver BC, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Developer in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, January 17th, 2021 at 9pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts, and Green Transportation Incentives.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently, with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Software Developer works independently, yet collaboratively within a team to co-build, maintain and provide ongoing support for business software applications. The Software Developer works to enhance business processes and software development practices within the organization. The Software Developer will work collaboratively with all departments and teams to identify and scope requirements, code, deploy software, maintain a sandbox, manage version control and maintain Quality Assurance (QA).
The types of systems supported will include order processing, warehouse management, CRM, shipping cost calculators, reports, APIs and webservices. This role will coordinate with other developers, 3rd party vendors and the entire Information Services team. The successful Applicant will have experience building and supporting internally hosted software programs.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Software Developer reports to the Lead Software Developer and works in collaboration with all members of the Information Services and other Teams to ensure that software is scoped, built, tested for reliability and supported ongoing. The Software Developer works collaboratively with internal Team-members from Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer Education, Sales & Business Development, and Order Services.
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
Software Development & Support
- Design and build software programs which enhance business processes, workflow efficiency and/or visibility in all areas of the organization
- Work closely with all teams to ensure systems meet the business needs
- Design systems which prioritize user experience
Project Management & Communications
- Track and update the project plan for all assigned projects
- Contribute to the requirements-gathering processes
- Communicate milestone dates to members of the project team
- Maintain communication with stakeholders to share key details of each project
- Utilize an Agile approach to software development
- Attend daily stand-up meeting
- Attend weekly 1-1 with leader
- Attend project meetings as necessary (weekly, bi-weekly or other)
- Attend Companywide Conference Calls and Meetings
- Attend weekly Information Services Meetings
- Demonstrated ability to develop software in a business environment (minimum 3 years)
- Experience with technology QA/QC and testing (minimum 1-2 years)
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of the job description
- Experience debugging software programs
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional Teams
- Experience with unit testing in Visual Studio
- Experience with SOAP and rest API
- Knowledge of API programing, SQL Server, Github, version control, Jira task tracking or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Good written/oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Effective time management, multi-tasking and organizational understanding
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized, and effective at time management
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Strong initiative, creativity and excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: