Public Relations Coordinator
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Public Relations Coordinator in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, September 14th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Public Relations Coordinator (PRC) supports all projects related to public relations, charitable initiatives/giving programs, advertising, tradeshows and events, and high-profile customer service. This role provides administrative support to the Public Relations (PR) Team. The successful candidate for this role will be an ambassador to, and for, the Marketing & Communications Division. They will often serve as the first point of contact for PR requests from internal and external Customers and must be passionate about providing extraordinary service. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is growing their experience in Marketing & Public Relations and is looking for a varied position with a dynamic and busy Team.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Public Relations Coordinator reports directly to the Public Relations Manager and works closely with the Senior Public Relations Specialist and with all Team-members within the Marketing & Communications Division as well as Eminence Organic Skin Care’s external PR Firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as the gatekeeper for inbound editorial submissions
- Write/submit product-related editorial content to both trade and consumer publications
- Create/present PowerPoint slides to highlight key editorial coverage
- Work with Eminence’s outsourced PR firm to collect reports, pitches, press releases and editorial placements
- Respond to general public relations inquiries and coordinate product orders for media outlets
- Monitor media coverage (including international and online) and produce summary reports as needed
- Update and maintain award tracking documents in Excel
Advertising & Sponsorships
- Elicit award licensing requirements and advertorial packages
- Submit advertising and sponsorship deliverables
- Create and maintain advertising calendar
- Assign work in our project management software (Asana) to Copywriter(s) and Graphic Designer(s)
- Fulfill orders for collateral and product for media outlets, bloggers and influencers
- Track incoming requests and decline off-brand media, influencer and blogger requests
- Support the PR Manager and Senior PR Specialist in project management and deliverables, including those related to market research, community engagement and giving programs
- Schedule and support various meetings with internal project teams – this may include chairing meetings, note taking and capturing action items as required
- Prepare project information for company-wide conference calls with direction from Project Managers, Marketing Operations Manager, PR Manager and/or Director of Marketing & Communications
- Champion PR best practices, process improvements and workflow efficiencies
- Coordinate the timely creation, approvals and execution of deliverables by Eminence’s external PR Firm
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to support company goals and initiatives (e.g., People & Culture, Organization Development, International Sales)
- Provide other PR Support as required (e.g., coordinating photo shoots, booking press trip flights)
- Produce reports as needed
- Assist with executing communication plans
Celebrity/High-Profile Customer Service
- Process high-profile celebrity and make-up artist product orders accurately
- Maintain the order contact database for celebrities, make-up artists and influencers
- Scan, store, frame and coordinate recognition wall artwork
- Track, record and coordinate charitable donations and incoming requests
- Support corporate giving strategy, including on-brand charitable donations
- Support internal fundraising efforts and events
- Support Eminence Kids Foundation initiatives as needed
Tradeshows and Events
- Coordinate the creation of marketing promotional materials for tradeshows including, but not limited to, order forms, brochures, foam core posters, presentations and print advertisements
- Act as liaison between Eminence and tradeshow organizers to ensure all required information is submitted prior to each show
- Support internal and external events (e.g. New Product Launch Party)
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for projects and tasks within the Marketing & Communications Division
- Maintain library of media placements and product launch materials; both soft copy and hard copy
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations including slides for the quarterly Company Conference Call and slides for the Daily Kick-off Meeting
- Maintain the electronic folders/filing system
- Assist with vacation requests, time-tracking, etc. as required
- College diploma or degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Public Relations Coordinator or a related role
- Skin care industry experience an asset
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Strong Customer service focus
- Strong proofreading abilities
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a high pressure, multiple-deadline environment, and to work well with minimal supervision and with many styles of direct leadership
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Highly entrepreneurial and creative with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Exceptional computer skills (especially MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint intermediate to advanced Excel)
- Knowledge of design software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop) an asset
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g., Asana, Trello) an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: