Product Regulatory Specialist
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Product Regulatory Specialist in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Friday, April 3rd, 2020: Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, Eminence is taking necessary measures to support our Team-members, our Customers and our Communities.
We are still accepting applications for this position and will continue to conduct preliminary phone interviews. Once business operations return to normal, we will proceed with the next steps in our hiring process.
Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Product Regulatory Specialist is responsible for ensuring Eminence’s diverse portfolio of cosmetic products, professional-use products and over-the-counter (OTC) drug products are compliant with regulatory requirements in each region where Eminence is sold around the world. This includes partnering with Product Development to identify product requirements during conceptualization and development, reviewing formulations against ingredient requirements, completing and submitting product registrations, managing documentation, managing product testing, and proofing packaging and marketing collateral for compliance. The Product Regulatory Specialist will also work with the International Sales team to support product registration in new and existing markets.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Product Regulatory Specialist reports directly to the Director of Product & Education and works closely with the entire Product Development team along with Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain. The Product Regulatory Specialist also works with outside vendors, including third-party formulators, manufacturers, co-packers and testing facilities, to ensure best practices are followed and product documentation is in place.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify compliance requirements for cosmetics and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs at the national and regional levels
- Monitor and identify pending regulatory changes and make recommendations for ensuring ongoing compliance with new regulations
- Prepare, submit and maintain global product registrations
- Support international growth by collaborating with Eminence’s International Sales Team to identify global regulatory requirements, maintain registrations and register Eminence products in new markets
- Collaborate with Product Development to proactively identify compliance risks during product conceptualization; develop regulatory strategies to ensure compliance throughout the product launch and lifecycle
- Review ingredient lists for regulatory compliance across multiple jurisdictions, provide sign-off on final formulation from a regulatory perspective
- Prepare ingredient lists for all new and reformulated products using INCI nomenclature
- Review and sign-off on product labels and promotional materials, including print and digital pieces, for compliance with applicable standards and regulations
- Manage product testing including stability, preservative efficacy, microbiology, safety substantiation, and claims substantiation (e.g. SPF testing, efficacy studies); track testing dates and ensure completion in time for launch
- Support with additional product testing and quality assurance as needed
Documentation and Process
- Collaborate with vendors, including formulation and manufacturing partners, to ensure complete and accurate documentation of formulas, manufacturing records and raw material information
- Create and maintain raw material and formula databases
- Create and maintain product SDS and allergen lists for all new and existing products
- Develop and implement document management processes to ensure proper storage and access to information
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for regulatory responsibilities
- Hold a weekly 1-1 meeting with the Director of Product & Education
- Attend weekly Product Development Meetings
- Attend and assist with the Eminence Annual Business Conference
- Create, maintain and circulate meeting agendas, notes and action items for the above meetings as needed
- Travel to tradeshows and other industry events as needed
- Chair and attend other meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in the personal care industry or a related field (e.g. pharmaceutical, dietary supplement, medical device)
- Experience summarizing technical data and preparing regulatory submissions, documents and reports
- Experience working with product development and launch processes and timelines
- Working knowledge of cosmetic and OTC drug regulations in the USA and Canada
- Working knowledge of EU Cosmetic Regulation and Notification Process
- Working knowledge of other global cosmetic regulations an asset
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Experience managing direct reports is an asset
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet the needs of the business
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Proactive with a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Computer skills (including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: