People & Culture Administrative Assistant
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with People & Culture Administrative Assistant in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, February 2nd at 9:00pm PST
*Update on Friday, February 14th, 2020 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
This is an ideal position for someone with demonstrated experience in administration and Human Resources at a novice/administrative level (1-2 years of experience), and who is ready to take their skills to the next level. This role is responsible for supporting the People & Culture and Organization Development Teams in administration of the HRIS, Team-member onboarding & offboarding, Team-member Programs (employee recognition, length of service awards, wellness), the coordination of meetings and the administration of internal & external Learning & Development programs.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The People & Culture Administrative Assistant reports to the People & Culture Manager and works closely with all members of the People & Culture and Organization Development Teams. The People & Culture Administrative Assistant communicates regularly with all Eminence teams, while contributing positively to the culture of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Human Resources - Team-member Lifecycle, Onboarding/Offboarding
- Prepare Team-member correspondence
- Coordinate and execute the new hire and departure processes (including Team-member paperwork, gifts, checklists and the schedule for onboarding & orientations)
- Maintain Team-member records by entering and updating employee information into the HRIS
- Coordinate 3-month Team-member performance reviews with department leaders
- Update and maintain Organization Charts
- Assist in conducting New Hire Orientations
- Organize deliveries for Team-member life-events
- Create & maintain onboarding templates
- Assist team leaders to ensure thorough and consistent onboarding practices
- Administer Eminence’s Length of Service Recognition Program and cost tracking (organizing letters & gifts)
- Field questions on Team-member Programs (e.g. leave, benefits, transit, wellness programs)
- Coordinate orders for all business cards (including inside and outside sales teams)
- Provide general administrative assistance/support as required
- Assist with the coordination of company events such as recognition, special celebrations, seasonal events, charitable activities & events and other special activities
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for the daily morning status meetings and daily email updates
- Assist as required in the event-planning and preparation for the Eminence Annual Business Conference (annual 4-day Learning event)
Learning & Development
- Coordinate logistics for company-wide events and meetings, including off-site training events of varying sizes, Annual Planning, quarterly company-wide conference calls, workshops, including catering requirements if necessary
- Book and maintain records for Team-member training including Tuition Reimbursement Program & training events such as Lunch & Learns
- Participate and contribute fully in Learning & Development discussions to organize, coordinate and administer events and activities
- Coordinate materials and logistics for presenters and facilitators who deliver learning events and assist facilitators with support before, during and after orientations/workshops/training programs
- Prepare and order materials for learning events and track and manage costs and inventory supplies
- Establish and maintain manual and electronic systems and procedures to monitor L&D activities including attendance tracking, compiling and producing reports which include quality metrics, statistical data, records maintenance, budget tracking and reporting
- Assist in conducting new hire Office & Safety Tour
- Maintain new hire Orientation PowerPoints and schedule new hire orientations
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Human Resources or related field plus 1-2 years of experience in a novice/administrative HR role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event planning and coordination experience (training, recognition events, conferences, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including:
- Creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets in Excel – spreadsheet development, basic formulas and advanced formatting needed as a minimum (intermediate to advanced formulas preferred e.g. IF statements, VLookup, basic pivot tables)
- Creating sophisticated Word documents including mail merges
- Creating advanced presentations in PowerPoint
- Maximizing Outlook’s mail and calendar-management capabilities
- Familiarity with provincial Employment standards and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of budget tracking and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in office administration
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate Eminence’s core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Demonstrate responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Ability to prioritize and work well in a high pressure, multiple-deadline environment, and to work well with minimal supervision and with many styles of direct leadership
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong Customer service focus
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and focus on continuous improvement
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: