Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Packaging Manager in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, October 25th, 2020 at 9pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Packaging Manager is responsible for developing innovative packaging that spans Eminence’s diverse portfolio of professional and retail products. This position will manage vendor relationships, source new componentry and packaging solutions, partner with marketing on decoration needs and execution, manage and meet costing targets, and conduct thorough packaging related testing to ensure quality standards are met. The Packaging Manager will lead distinct packaging-focused projects and will provide input (as a contributor) into other launch and non-launch projects.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Packaging Manager reports to the Senior Product Development Manager and works closely with the entire Product Development Team as well as Marketing and Supply Chain. The Packaging Manager also works closely with outside vendors including packaging suppliers, décor companies, testing vendors, third-party formulators and manufacturers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Packaging Development & Sourcing
- Manage the development and sourcing of primary and secondary packaging solutions that elevate the Eminence brand, bringing creative solutions based on research and industry knowledge
- Collaborate with the Product Development Managers to define functional packaging specifications for product launches and other initiatives
- Work with Marketing to align on decoration requirements and implications (e.g. timing, cost, sustainability impact) of decoration options
- Source packaging options that meet all required specifications, including functionality, desired user experience, size, material, decoration options and cost
- Manage all packaging and testing vendor relations and maintain positive working relationships
- Manage costing of all packaging including vendor negotiations and order quantity management
- Assess and quantify impact of sustainable packaging options within the portfolio
- Identify emerging packaging technologies and trends and present findings to Product Development Team to improve Customer experience, brand presence, product performance, cost, efficiency, and sustainability
Planning & Project Management
- Build and own project plans and critical paths for packaging related projects and deliverables including, but not limited to, artwork updates, component changes, and materials changes
- Contribute to ongoing project critical paths and own packaging related milestones and tasks within larger projects
- Work with Supply Chain to determine project impact, hard stop vs. phase in needs, issue SKU numbers, and determine run out and changeover dates
- Maintain high level of coordination and communication with Product Development Managers and Marketing Operations Teams regarding milestones, progress, and challenges
- Ensure throughout the project that packaging deadlines are met, and packaging is delivered on-time
- Attend and present at stakeholder meetings as needed to share packaging related decisions and data, facilitate projects, and address packaging needs that arise
Packaging Testing & Quality
- Perform functionality, compatibility and ship testing to ensure quality standards are met and that all packaging can withstand real world circumstances of full supply chain
- Facilitate fill testing to ensure line efficiency and compatibility, and quickly problem solve should challenges arise
- Review pre-production and post-production samples to ensure functionality, quality and design requirements are met
- Identify packaging challenges or opportunities and bring clear and executable recommendations and action plan for how to address needs
- 3+ years of experience working in Beauty or Consumer Goods Packaging
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Design or similar discipline
- Personal Care, Beauty, or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience preferred
- Knowledge of packaging systems and processes, material science, and quality testing methodologies
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects
- Sourcing, purchasing and negotiation experience
- Experience in costing analysis
- Experience working with external vendors and cross-functional Team-members from Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Sales
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Highly entrepreneurial, innovative and creative
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Solid work ethic with desire to contribute to achieving team goals and company revenue targets
- Ability to manage priorities and act with quick decision-making skills
- Superior organization skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Extraordinary time management
- Unquenchable curiosity and commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle confidential information
- Computer skills (especially MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, intermediate Excel)
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: