Location: near Olympic Village at 6th & Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada (possibly remote depending on Covid-19 restrictions)
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Accountant in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
This hands-on role will be responsible for supporting the Controller in a wide range of accounting activities including but not limited to sales and cash receipts reconciliations, sales tax filings and other jurisdictional regulatory filings for the US and Canada, inventory and product costing, month-end and year-end processes, journal entries, variance analysis, and financial reporting. The Operations Accountant will also be responsible for assisting the Controller in reviewing key organizational (cross-departmental) processes and controls to ensure structural integrity. The ideal candidate will be committed to developing a strong understanding of the systems and flow of transactions, working to resolve problems and inefficiencies.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Operations Accountant reports directly to the Controller and will partner with other department leaders throughout the organization including Business Development & Sales, Operations, Organization Development, Marketing & Communications, Product Development, Customer Education, Digital Experience, Information Services and Supply Chain to provide accounting based solutions that support continual process improvements, implementation of industry best practices, and the development and implementation of internal controls.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial accounting, reporting and internal controls
- Support the Controller with month-end and year-end processes
- Produce analytical reports and respond to queries from departmental leaders and the Executive Team as needed
- Work closely with the Accounting and Operational teams to analyze, review and evaluate processes, implement best practices and improve productivity
- Assist with month-end reporting and reconciliation of general ledger accounts as needed
- Assist with the annual budget, monthly forecast and variance analysis
- Work with the Controller to implement key operational control requirements, policies and procedures
- Review and reconcile sales entries and receipts daily and ensure proper revenue reporting for month-end closing
- Maintain foreign exchange conversion tables, tax rates and other mapping processes affecting sales entries
- Review AR batches and bank deposits
- Prepare complex bank reconciliations
- Prepare account reconciliations, analytics and journal entries for revenue and related accounts
- Ensure that sales procedures and controls are adequate, operating efficiently and in compliance with regulatory standards
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures, controls and compliance
- Assist with developing and implementing cost-accounting procedures and methods
- Review and reconcile inventory valuation and product costing, including cost allocations at month end and year end reporting
- Monitor standard costs for existing products and calculation of costs for new products
- Ensure existing procedures and controls are adequate, operating properly and in compliance with reporting standards pertaining to inventory valuation and costing
- Partner with Supply Chain to ensure accurate inventory counts
- Manage accounting information and working paper data storage and filing
- Work with the Accounting Team to create and maintain a comprehensive Procedures Manual
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or near completion
- 3 - 5 years of progressive relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and QuickBooks Online is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing and inventory accounting is an asset
- Experience working with multi-currencies is an asset
- Experience in an e-commerce environment with high transaction volume is an asset
- Capable problem solver who follows rigorous logic to bring effective solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong commitment to personal excellence
- Proven strong collaborator with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Fosters teamwork by working cooperatively, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Exercises sound judgement with careful attention to detail
- Strong ability to analyze complex technical and administrative information, identify relevant concerns, recognize alternatives, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and communicate these with end users and management
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and to work with minimal supervision
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: