Location: near Olympic Village at 6th & Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Accountant in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, August 9th, 2020 at 9 pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
This hands-on Accounting role will be responsible for providing general support to the Controller and other Team-members in the daily operational and financial requirements of the Accounting and Finance Team. These duties include account reconciliations, variance analysis, journal entries, A/P processing, administrative duties and will provide support to other key functions on the Team.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Junior Accountant reports directly to the Controller and will work closely with the Operations and Corporate Accountants. The Accounting and Finance Team is growing and currently consists of two (2) Accounting Specialists (Accounts Payable & Receivable), an Operations Accountant and a Corporate Accountant.
Roles and Responsibilities
Coding & Data Entry
- Review, code and process employee expense reports and corporate credit card charges
- Review and enter sales commission payments
- Review, code and process supplier invoices
- Assist in collecting necessary documentation to support supplier invoices and payments
Reconciliation & Analysis
- Reconcile accounts payable balances to supplier statements
- Assist in the completion of monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in daily sales reconciliations and resolving discrepancies
- Assist in monthly and year-end account reconciliations
- Assist with variance analysis of key expense accounts
- Process period-end journal entries
- Assist in reconciliating tenant accounts and responding to tenant queries
- File, scan and organize documents and historical records
- Assist in maintaining the department procedures manual
- Provide backup support to A/P and A/R functions as necessary
- Perform various other accounting duties as assigned
- A certificate or diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working towards or desire to work towards a CPA designation is an asset
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and QuickBooks Online is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly analytical and motivated with a desire to excel
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle information appropriately
- A strong collaborator with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Flexibility to support beyond core business hours when necessary
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: