International Trainer – Canada / United States
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with International Trainer in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, February 9th, 2020 at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, February 10th, 2020 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
PLEASE NOTE the travel requirements for this role: The International Trainer (IT) is an independent contractor providing training and education services to Eminence Organic Skin Care and to Eminence’s Customers. This unique role requires significant travel throughout North America, primarily in the United States and Canada with occasional travel outside of North America. The ITs travel to conduct trainings between 45%-55% of their total contracted time with the remaining time allocated to administrative work (including travel booking, training preparation, and post-travel report submissions). Most of the trainings occur at Customers’ Spas with some occasional large-group Regional Trainings. Most trainings and travel occur with the presence of Eminence’s local territory representative from our Outside Sales Team. The typical training schedule for each IT consists of providing 2 weeks of training per month for a range of 21 to 28 weeks of travel per year. Therefore, applicants must reside in either Canada or the United States and be eligible to work in at least one of the two countries, while also having the appropriate documentation to be able to travel freely on occasion both domestically and internationally.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The International Trainer (IT) supports the Customer Education team in delivering world-class education to Eminence Customers and Sales team members. This includes training Eminence Customers, Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs) and Training Specialists (TSs) on Eminence Organic Skin Care products and skin care techniques with focus on increasing Brand engagement, Customer satisfaction and product sales.
The IT uses expert knowledge of products, skin care, massage therapy, seasonal promotions, training techniques, retail selling and extraordinary Customer service to deliver specialized content for exciting trainings to each Customer on a regular basis. These training events will vary from large group, full day Regional Trainings (with many spa representatives in attendance) to individual on-site spa trainings.
The IT may also assist in the evaluation and/or onboarding process for new Outside Sales Team members and will partner with Customer Education and the OSRs to customize training solutions to meet unique Customer needs.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The IT reports directly to the Director of Customer Education and works closely with the entire Customer Education Team including the Vancouver-based team and the remote team of International Trainers to ensure the ongoing creation and delivery of award-winning education. The IT also works closely in partnership with the Sales team to ensure Customers receive the latest esthetics updates and promotional support. As senior educators and technical specialists, the IT may work with Eminence’s Product Development Team to provide feedback on products through product testing and evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Customer Training & Support
- Support Customer Education and the Sales Teams to conduct Product Knowledge training for Customers including:
- Regional Training events, individual on-site spa training, formal spa training events, on-the-floor demonstrations at Tradeshows and informal education sessions as needed
- Partner with OSRs to determine Customer needs and create customized training solutions
- Deliver trainings, tools and solutions that are informative, engaging and maximizing the participants’ retention of product knowledge – trainings include latest skin care techniques, product additions and enhanced retailing solutions (including in the retail and professional product ‘backbar’ areas)
- Partner with Eminence’s Product Education Specialist to train House Accounts – House Accounts are Eminence Customers who do not have a local Eminence territory representative
- Ensure After-Training Surveys are completed by each training participant at the end of each training
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and submitted in accordance with established processes
- Assist in the creation of treatment protocols for the most effective Eminence esthetics techniques
- Attend Tradeshows and perform education classes and on-the-floor demonstrations at the Tradeshow Booth, as needed
Outside Sales Team Training
- Partner with the Eminence Outside Sales team to assist in training, education, sharing best practices, evaluating, onboarding and sharing performance-enhancing feedback (with both OSRs and TSs)
- Partner with the other International Trainers in providing continuous technical product knowledge support to OSRs and share all best practices
- Provide operational feedback to the Vancouver-based Customer Education and Outside Sales teams by promptly communicating observations, opportunities and solutions via a written training event summary in accordance with established processes
- Present training and esthetics techniques, as needed, at the Annual Business Conference (in 2020, the dates for this conference are Fri-17-Jul through to Sun-19-Jul with the IT onsite in Vancouver from Mon-13-Jul thru Tue-21-Jul including travel dates)
Self-Development/Maintenance of Expertise
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in product knowledge of Eminence products
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in skin care
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and marketplace
- Maintain expertise in Eminence protocols by staying current and able to train on all products including body treatments and various treatment room modalities
Meetings and Administration
- Attend the monthly 1:1 conference call with Eminence’s Director of Customer Education
- Attend the monthly Customer Education team conference call
- Attend quarterly Company-wide conference calls to learn about company updates, including upcoming product launches and new product training resources
- Attend the Eminence Annual Business Conference in Vancouver once a year (annual summer Conference) for further training and education, and to present training and esthetics techniques when requested. Note: in 2020, the dates for this conference are Fri-17-Jul through to Sun-19-Jul
- Attend Eminence Annual International Training Conference at a North American location (TBD) once a year for further training and education. The IT may present training and esthetics techniques when requested. Note in 2020, the dates for this conference are Mon-9-Nov through to Fri-13 Nov (including travel dates)
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of the Tradeshow booths and education rooms, as needed
- Coordinate onsite training content and schedules with Outside Sales Representatives for onsite visits and Regional Trainings
- Book cost effective travel arrangements
- Submit monthly expense reports
- Complete all paperwork and submit in accordance with established processes
- Minimum 2 years as an Esthetician with current Esthetics/Cosmetology license or diploma
- Minimum 2 years conducting Eminence Organic Skin Care Treatments in a Spa (must be within the past 3 years)
- Able to travel freely throughout the United States and Canada (hold valid passport, clean criminal record and valid driver’s license)
- Flexibility to travel for trainings for 2 weeks each month, with some training weeks scheduled consecutively. Note additional weeks may be required for Intercontinental travel
- Comfort in public speaking; demonstrated experience required
- Facilitation/presentation experience required
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Sales experience an asset
- Massage Therapy experience an asset
- Leadership and/or Coaching experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent training/presentation/facilitation skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Computer skills (especially MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint – advanced PowerPoint preferred)
- Adaptability and relatability in a variety of settings
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle confidential information
- Fluent in English, multi-lingual an asse
Independent Contractor requirements
- The Contractor is responsible to provide and maintain at their expense a computer or laptop with current software (including anti-virus) and/or hardware that effectively interfaces with Eminence’s current systems.
- Eminence will provide the ability for the Contractor to use common systems and templates including an Eminence email address.
- The Contractor must also provide and utilize their own cell phone for business purposes.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: