Help Desk Support Technician
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Help Desk Support Technician in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, September 14th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Help Desk Support Technician position will appeal to someone who is building their skills and experience within an IT support role and enjoys troubleshooting and supporting users in an office environment. Technical support to users includes hardware setup, password resets, e-mail troubleshooting and general Desktop and application support. In addition, the Technician will configure new PCs, set up and support printers, deploy technical equipment and log all technical support calls into a tracking system. The Technician’s Customers are a diverse group of users located across 3 locations (including 2 connected offices and 1 warehouse at a separate location). The Technician also supports Outside Sales Representatives working throughout North America via phone, email and through the use of remote-control software.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Help Desk Support Technician reports directly to the Technical Support Lead, and ultimately to the Director of Information Services while working closely with other members of the Information Services team. The Technician also works collaboratively with internal Team-members from Operations & Organization Development, Marketing & Communications, Supply Chain, Product Development, Customer Education, Sales & Business Development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Help Desk Technical Support
- First point of contact for all technical support calls
- Log tickets into Help Desk system
- Prioritize & troubleshoot issues either in person or using remote control software
- Resolve hardware and software technical issues according to their priority
- Remediate all workstation, software patches, updates and upgrades
- Set up new employee hardware including workstations, telephones and printers
Technical Administration & Documentation
- Deploy technology equipment for new users
- Coordinate technology equipment for desk moves for existing users
- Maintain inventory tracking and control of hardware and software
- Receive hardware and update the inventory logs of supplies, users, IP, service tags, etc.
- Maintain (and create where needed) documentation on user processes, hardware and software
- Maintain project and network related documentation as required
- Inform users of support request status and provide education where appropriate
- Report system outages in a timely manner
- Conduct technology onboarding for new Team-members
- Inform users of new systems, procedures or updates (benefits and new instructions)
- 1-2 years of experience providing technical support in a busy office environment
- 1-2 years of experience providing front-line technical support for computers; mostly in person but sometimes over the telephone
- 1-2 years of experience in setting up personal computers as workstations
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to install software and hardware
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain new Users via Exchange or Active Directory
- Ability to problem-solve issues with third-party hardware and software vendors
- Exposure to IP Networks, Printers, Scanners
- Ability to facilitate support sessions using Remote Desktop Connection and other remote-control tools
- Ability to prepare and update Network and End-user documentation
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate our core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional service skills for internal Customers
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to work effectively with an off-site/remote workforce
- Experience with Windows 10 including file shares and printers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, adjust to shifting priorities and manage time effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multiple-deadline environment
- MS Word and Excel skills is an asset
- Exposure to User Groups, Resource Accounts, or Distribution Groups is an asset
- Exposure to Windows Server and VM-Ware is an asset
- Experience with basic networking and cable management is an asset
- Experience with Office 365 management is an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: