Location: near Olympic Village at 6th & Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with General Accountant application in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, February 22nd, 2021: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
This hands-on Accounting role will be responsible for providing general support to the Senior Accountant and the Controller in a wide range of accounting activities including but not limited to bank reconciliations, sales tax filings and other jurisdictional statutory filings for both Canada and the US, and month and year-end processes. The ideal candidate will be committed to developing a strong understanding of the workflows and systems with the objective to identify and resolve inefficiencies in pursuance of continuous improvements.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The General Accountant reports directly to the Senior Accountant and ultimately to the Controller, while collaborating with other members of the Accounting and Finance team. The Accounting and Finance team is growing and currently consists of two Accounting Specialists (Accounts Payable & Receivable), an Accounting Representative (Accounts Payable), a Junior Accountant, a Senior Accountant, and the Controller.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Accounting, Reconciliation & Analysis
- Support with month-end and year-end processes
- Perform complex monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare various monthly and year-end account reconciliations
- Prepare and file various sales tax filings (CDN and US)
- Process period-end journal entries
- Assist in preparing financial reports
- Assist with variance analysis of key expense accounts
- Assist with daily sales reconciliations and resolving of discrepancies
- Reconcile tenant accounts and respond to tenant queries
- Full-cycle bookkeeping of holding and affiliated companies
General & Administration
- Assist in maintaining and developing the department’s policies and procedures manual
- Assist in developing and refining the internal control framework
- Provide backup support to A/P and A/R functions as necessary
- Assist in the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Manage accounting information, working paper data storage and electronic filing
- Perform various other accounting duties as assigned
- A certificate or diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working towards or desire to work towards a CPA designation
- Knowledge of Sage 300 and QuickBooks Online is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing and inventory accounting is an asset
- Experience working with multi-currencies is an asset
- Experience in an e-Commerce environment with high transaction volume is an asset
- Highly analytical with attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to support beyond core business hours when necessary
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion with confidential information
- A strong collaborator with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: