Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Facilities Manager in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, September 8th at 9pm PST
*Update on Friday, November 15th, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of organic skin care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as Favorite Skin Care Line and Favorite Product Education, both for ten years in a row, as well as Favorite All-Natural Line for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple Best of the Best readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Facilities Manager supports Eminence Teams by providing facilities management and building projects expertise for two Vancouver based locations. The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing a broad scope of daily buildings operations tasks, repairs and projects such as plumbing, electrical, renovations, furniture, lighting, temperature control, music, storage, waste, cleaning services and pest control through contractors, vendors and external support services. As the first point of contact for facility and maintenance issues, the Facilities Manager will manage the facilities both inside and out, resolving issues, allocating resources, managing contractors, vendors and contracts.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Facilities Manager reports to the Director of Organization Development while also receiving onboarding, guidance and input from the Senior Leader of Operations and the General Manager. As well, the Facilities Manager will respond to queries and will regularly interact with team-members from all departments within Eminence including Customer Education, Sales, Business Development, Order Services, Supply Chain, Information Services, Marketing & Communications, Digital Experience, Product Development, Finance, Human Resources, Operations and Organization Development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage facilities requests including lighting, electrical, plumbing, temperature control, parking, music, furniture, storage, security, pest control and locks
- Manage facilities services provided by contractors, vendors and other external support services o Screen and manage potential vendors, solicit quotes, negotiate terms and assign tasks to vendors to meet operational needs o Manage the delivery of goods and services against contract expectations
- Track and oversee facilities requests and improvement projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time, on quality and on budget
- Create and maintain Facilities & Maintenance Manual
- Manage costs and work within overall budget guidelines
- Plan, evaluate and compile supporting documentation for space reorganization
- Coordinate internal desk moves and changes
- Order and coordinate the placement of furniture, desks and keyboard trays
- Order building supplies, furniture and equipment as needed
- Ensure buildings/facilities and equipment are maintained in accordance with the office design and standards and comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Partner with safety committee to maintain and comply with health and safety standards
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain buildings and surrounding grounds, machinery and equipment (eg. sump pump, compressor, exterior lighting, awnings)
- Develop processes for preventative and corrective maintenance
- Coordinate seasonal removal of snow and de-ice; stairs, sidewalks, entryways
- Liaise with commercial building tenants as necessary to coordinate repairs and to enforce tenant/building obligations
- Supervise the evening cleaning staff to ensure daily cleaning responsibilities are carried out according to guidelines
- Manage waste removal services (recycling, garbage)
- Coordinate special cleaning projects such as window washing, carpet cleaning, power washing and graffiti removal as necessary
- Liaise with Information Services and outside vendors to ensure building security
- Post-secondary education in Facilities/Operations Management or credentials in related discipline along with 5+ years of hands-on experience in Office/building/Facilities Management, Facilities
- Maintenance and/or general contracting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid knowledge of current building standards, code and legislative requirements
- Experience supporting maintenance requests within an office environment
- Experience and basic knowledge in carpentry, plumbing, heating, lighting and electrical systems
- Leadership experience and/or experience managing contractors
- Must be able to comfortably lift 30lbs
- Multifaceted operations professional with effective communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate projects, timelines and resources for multiple deliverables
- Strong Customer service focus; seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Valid drivers license
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: