Email Marketing Strategist
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Email Marketing Strategist application in the subject line of the email.
*Update on Monday, June 29th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Key Requirement for the role: Previous digital marketing experience specifically in an eCommerce environment.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
The Email Marketing Strategist works closely with the Digital Experience Manager, Digital Content Marketing Manager and Digital Team-members to develop and deliver email campaigns that provide value to our Spa Partners (B2B), encourage Retail Customers (B2C) to try our products, and prompt audience re-engagement whenever needed. This role is responsible for developing email strategies that support our digital go-to-market initiatives for new product launches and other promotions, creating email campaigns and automated email workflows, evaluating email content suggestions, continuous testing and optimization, and data analytics. Ultimately, the Email Marketing Strategist will create customized and meaningful user experiences through email that promote long-term engagement with the Eminence brand.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Email Marketing Strategist reports directly to the Digital Experience Manager. The Email Marketing Strategist will work in collaboration with the other members of the Digital Team as well as Public Relations, Sales and Product Development Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Digital Experience Team and various stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive email marketing strategy (including strategies for new email acquisition and campaign content for Spa Partners (B2B), Retail Customers (B2C), and prospects
- Maintain a solid and reliable understanding of email marketing strategies, best practices, and regulations throughout North America (including CASL) and Global markets (including GDPR)
- Be responsible for our relationship with Hubspot and ensure we continue to leverage their expertise
- Develop and maintain B2B and B2C email campaigns and automated email workflows
- Write persuasive and accurate copy for B2B and B2C emails, including captivating subject lines
- Create visually sophisticated emails that are attractive and clickable
- Conduct A/B testing to optimize B2B and B2C email campaigns
- Carry out segmentation of the email database and implement remarketing strategies
- Create and develop new mobile-friendly email templates and redesign of existing templates individually and in collaboration with Eminence’s Graphic Designers and Web Developers
- Work collaboratively within the Marketing & Communications Division to ensure cohesion across email communications, offline marketing communications, online and offline promotional pieces
- Work collaboratively with Eminence’s Customer Development Team to ensure email follow-up to professional attendees at industry tradeshows & events
- Work collaboratively with Eminence’s Customer Development and Customer Education Teams to ensure email follow-up to professional attendees at Eminence’s online or in-person Masterclasses
- Maintain the email marketing content calendar, and consider all key events and initiatives (both internal and external) when scheduling content for emails
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement in the email content creation and review process
- Contribute to the financial success of the business by driving ecommerce sales through our email marketing channel(s)
- Use web analytics and sales data to maximize sales conversion and optimize the user experience
- Generate and present reports and analytics of Eminence’s email marketing strategy, including the financial impact of the email marketing on our B2B and B2C ecommerce
- Provide coverage for other members of the Digital Experience Team as needed, especially the Email Marketing Specialist
- Exemplify the Eminence Organic Skin Care Core Values
- Keep commitments and meet deadlines – e.g. execute campaigns on time
- Ensure accuracy of facts, grammar, and spelling in all content
- Stay informed of best practices and innovation in related business and technology
- Utilize appropriate business language in all forms of communication
- Respond to internal and external inquiries within 1 business day
- Be willing to work extra time during busy periods and when requested
- Attend meetings (including our Annual Business Conference) as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Business or Communications with a Marketing focus or related experience
- Digital Marketing experience with a focus in email marketing, marketing automation technology and marketing analytics - 4+ years
- Ecommerce experience - 4+ years (B2B Ecommerce experience an asset)
- Web Analytics (Google Marketing Platform Tools) - 4+ years
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g. HubSpot, Eloqua, Marketo, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, SilverPop, CheetahMail, etc.)
- Digital graphic design experience an asset
- Email template development experience an asset
- Drupal and Drupal Commerce experience an asset
- Skin care industry experience or proven passion for the industry an asset
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g., Asana or Trello) an asset
- Impeccable written and oral English skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable proofreading ability
- Website management and user experience design an asset
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: