Digital Content Writer
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
1. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Digital Content Writer application in the subject line of the email.
2. Please include a link to a visual portfolio, website or blog (if available).
*Update on Monday, June 29th, 2020: screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
Eminence Organics is looking for a Digital Content Writer that combines a passion for skin care and a knowledge of digital best practices to deliver highly engaging, content-rich articles and web copy. Topics range from skin care and wellness, to our brand and products. The Digital Content Writer is responsible for developing and writing content and promotional material that represents our company, our products and our services in a way that inspires current Eminence fans, and captivates a new audience.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Digital Content Writer reports to the Digital Content Marketing Manager and will work in collaboration with other members of the Digital Team as well as Public Relations, Sales and Product Development to create strategic content that engages both Spa Partners (B2B) and Retail Customers (B2C).
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Author fresh and engaging blog articles about skin care concerns as well as our products, brand and company, all while exemplifying the Eminence Organic Skin Care tone of voice
- Collaborate with the Digital Experience Manager and/or SEO Specialist in conceiving and crafting content that is highly searchable
- Pitch blog topics as well as brainstorm ideas with the Digital Content Team
- Know what is trending in skin care and beauty industries, including the professional skin care industry
- Create content that connects with spa industry professionals as well as Retail Customers
- Input and publish content in the website’s content management system (currently Drupal)
- Optimize existing blog content for improved discovery in organic search results
- Work closely with a graphic designer to create infographics based on blog content
- Continue to investigate new opportunities to enhance Eminence’s written content
Website & Email Content
- Write persuasive and accurate copy for Eminence’s websites and email newsletters, all of which serve both Retail Customers and Spa Partners
Copywriting & Editing
- Develop content from strategic concept to completion for a variety of projects including product launches, seasonal stories, advertising & promotional copy, internal & external corporate communications, etc.
- Adhere to Eminence Organic Skin Care brand standards for written content and ensure brand integrity in all lines of Eminence Organics’ business
- Edit and proofread as needed
- Check overall presentation of copy to ensure consistency in terms of copy style, font & format, product information (where applicable) and performance accuracy, in addition to the regular proofreading concerns of spelling, grammar, punctuation and adherence to established proofreading guidelines (i.e. the AP Stylebook)
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for tasks as needed
- Use Creative Briefs as necessary to ensure ideas and key messages are captured accurately, particularly when working cross-departmentally
- Perform other marketing-related duties, including supporting the Public Relations and Marketing teams, as assigned
- Maintain internal Digital Content Guide
Reporting and Meetings
- Attend the Eminence Organic Skin Care Annual Business Conference, as required
- Attend other meetings as required
- Exemplify the Eminence Organic Skin Care Core Values
- Execute marketing schedules on time
- Ensure accuracy of facts, grammar, and spelling in all content
- Be willing to put in extra time during busy periods and when requested
- College Diploma or University degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related experience
- Creating written online content – 2 year minimum
- Experience updating and revising website content – 1 year minimum
- A proven passion for skin care, wellness, and popular culture
- SEO experience an asset
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g., Asana or Trello) an asset
- Impeccable written and oral English skills
- Ability to curate / author / create compelling online content
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Impeccable proofreading ability
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Basic SEO skills
- Understanding of content management systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: