Digital Content Specialist (Visual Content)
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Digital Content Specialist (Visual Content) in the subject line of the email.
- Please include a link to a visual portfolio, social media account, website or blog (if available).
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, January 26th at 9:00pm PST
*Update on Friday, February 14th, 2020 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards and is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication
Eminence Organics is looking for a Digital Content Specialist (DCS) who specializes in visual content. The ideal candidate knows how to research, create and communicate engaging stories, using video, photography, and graphics and following industry best practices. The DCS creates visual narratives and resources (such as infographics) which convey the strength of our brand and the benefits of our products, communicating them online and through social media. Always a brand ambassador, the DCS shares our enthusiasm for skin care, wellness, sustainable business practices and our unique company culture. They’re the first person to let their friends know about our latest, buzzy products by spreading the word using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn or even their own beauty blog. In short, the DCS is responsible for creating visual digital content that engages, captivates and educates our consumers, our spa partners and our employees.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
Working in Marketing, the DCS reports to the Digital Content Marketing Manager and works closely with all of the teams in Marketing and in particular, the Social Media Coordinator. The DCS also collaborates with cross-functional departments such as Digital Experience and Customer Education. As required, the DCS will work with outsourced service providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- With support from the Digital Content Marketing Manager, the DCS creates the strategy for Instagram, YouTube and other visually focused social media platforms as required with the aim of supporting our spa partners, advancing company goals and engaging our audience
- Create, curate and post unique image and video content on YouTube and Instagram (including copy for Instagram Stories), creating content appropriate for each platform
- Translate marketing and public relations content into highly engaging digital content
- Create engaging and on-brand photography and videos to promote company goals and educate our audiences
- Conceptualize photo and video production including main messaging and drive pre-production
- Direct and/or execute shoots; organize or execute post-production, including managing vendors and driving to final asset delivery
- Conceptualize and create graphics for blog articles and social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and other corporate social media properties
- Conceptualize and create creative assets as needed and requested for Eminence’s websites, Customer Education team and email marketing
Strategy and Planning
- Strategize and plan digital content for marketing promotions including new product launch promotions
- Perform other marketing-related duties as required
- On occasion, create company videos as needed
- On occasion, write blog content
- On occasion, write and publish social media content
- Exemplify Eminence core values
- Maintain exceptional relationships with all Eminence Organics’ Customers (both internal and external), vendors and partners
- Keep commitments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a passionate work ethic with a desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Be willing to work extra hours during busy periods if needed
- College Diploma or University degree in Business or Communications with a Marketing focus or related experience
- Digital marketing and social media marketing experience – 2 year minimum
- Graphic design experience – 2 year minimum,
- Photography experience – 2 year minimum
- Video production experience – 1 year minimum
- Video editing experience – 1 year minimum
- Creating written online content – 1 year minimum
- Skin care industry experience or proven passion is an asset
- Online advertising, social advertising and SEO experience is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Intermediate Photoshop skills
- Intermediate Adobe Premiere skills
- Intermediate DSLR skills
- Storytelling and creativity – ability to curate and author compelling online content
- Impeccable written and oral English skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Impeccable proofreading ability
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Experience in other Adobe Creative Suite applications is an asset
- Working knowledge of HTML, Drupal, WordPress and SEO is an asset
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: