Business Development Specialist
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver BC, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Work Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Development Specialist in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, January 18th, 2021 at 9pm PST
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts, and Green Transportation Incentives.
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
For more than 10 years in a row, skin care professionals have voted Eminence Organic Skin Care their Favorite Skin Care Line and their favorite company for Product Education. Eminence is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry and has been awarded hundreds of accolades by the industry’s most trusted sources including our recent ‘Best of Beauty’ award from Allure.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently, with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) generates new relationships with prospective Spa Partners and follows up on new leads to begin the qualification and application process for opening new accounts. The BDS reviews Spa Partner Applications and receives target call lists from a variety of sources, then proactively calls these leads to identify potential new Eminence Spa Partners. The BDS is a tenacious hunter who has a thorough understanding of the sales cycle, enjoys making outbound calls and working closely with Outside Sales Representatives to convert leads into active accounts. The BDS provides each prospective Spa Partner with an amazing first impression of Eminence. The BDS has a strong working knowledge of the B2B sales model, the skincare industry and Eminence’s prestigious position within the industry and effortlessly conveys this excellence in all communications.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) reports directly to the Business Development Team Lead and, ultimately, to the Business Development Manager. The BDS also works closely with Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs), Outside Sales Managers (OSMs), Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs), Business Development Assistants (BDAs) and other Business Development Specialists.
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive new Spa Partner Applications and begin the review process by conducting research, collaborating with the Outside sales teams, and following up with each applicant
- Answer and follow-up on inbound lead enquiries, calls and emails
- Qualify leads: Find out lead information and needs, and explain our expectations regarding licensing (facility and staff), opening orders and minimum order amounts
- Once lead is qualified, gather contact information, log all lead details in lead tracker, send the information packages to the decision maker and forward lead information to the OSR (copying the appropriate Outside Sales Manager) for follow-up
- Follow-up with leads one week after initial contact to confirm that Information Packages and/or samples were received, and that they have been in touch with the OSR. If no contact, follow up with the OSR to schedule an appointment (until booked) and continue working to support the opening of the account
Tradeshows and Follow-up
- Complete follow-up with all leads generated from in-person and virtual tradeshows within a 48-hour to six-week period (approx. 20-25 tradeshows and events per year)
- Qualify any resultant leads: follow appropriate prospecting steps
- Respond to any tradeshow customer enquiries regarding products bought or shipped from a tradeshow
- May be asked to attend and support with various in-person and/or virtual tradeshows or events throughout the year (note: these events often fall on weekends)
- Research and discover new business opportunities by prospecting and cold calling within assigned geographical territories
- Qualify and follow-up with Spa Partner leads and send strong leads to OSRs to convert to an active new account
- Manage the tracking of leads and provide accurate, informative and actionable weekly reports in a timely manner to leaders and OSRs
- Ensure forecast goals for new business are met or exceeded in collaboration with the Outside Sales Team
- Establish relationships and maintain extraordinary business relations with Spa Partner leads and all external contacts
- Perform special projects as assigned, which may include extensive research and report writing
- Respond to any inquiries from retail Customers looking to purchase products at a tradeshow
- Direct any product or ingredient specific questions to a respective Product Support Representative
- Direct enquiries to the appropriate Eminence team based on the needs of the enquiry (i.e.- retail Customer specific, product specific, partnership specific, etc.)
- Refer retail Customers to retail locations in their area
- Maintain an updated lead tracker and database for assigned territory and share lead pipeline updates with Sales leaders
- Perform any other Sales-related duties as required including coverage of other Business Development areas
- 1–2 years of experience in outbound cold-calling and prospecting
- 3–4 years Customer Service experience
- 3–4 years of Sales experience
- Esthetic industry and/or previous experience with Eminence product line an asset
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software use an asset
- Hunter mentality with a positive attitude, high energy and a sense of urgency
- Assertive, resilient and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of a Customer’s organization
- Superior interpersonal & Customer Service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet as well as other databases and CRM
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high pressure, multiple-deadline environment
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate our core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Excellent Conflict Resolution skills
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
We offer a wide range of career opportunities and we are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented team players. Share this opportunity on: