Besides our home, the workplace is where we spend the most time - and create the most waste. It’s the place for printing out 100-page reports and powering masses of computers. If you’re wondering how to promote recycling in the workplace, here are 4 tips for going green at work:
1. Switch off
Whenever possible, conserve energy by turning off all electrical equipment. At the end of the day, switch off your computer (including your monitor) and unplug anything that still sucks energy even when it’s turned off (DavidSuzuki.org).
2. Get smart with paper
A green office starts with limiting hard copies and instead using email, presentation screens and phones. If you have to print, do it double sided to save paper. And of course, recycle, recycle, recycle!
3. Lunch on the go
If you’re brown-bagging it to work, try recyclable containers. Our staff love to reuse our Éminence jars for snacks and to transport ketchup, salad dressing and other condiments. Other favorites include Lunchskins for sandwiches as well as Lunchbot metal bento boxes for carrying meals to the office.
4. Green your commute
97% of our staff walk, bike, or take public transit to work. Carpooling is another option to consider for transportation that's more eco-friendly. Try out a greener commute and you’ll find that it not only helps save the planet, it also makes you healthier and more active.
Did you know?
- We plant a tree for every Éminence product sold and to date we have planted over 3,000,000 trees.
- In 2014, we diverted 14 tons of carbon emissions!
- Éminence farms in Hungary are powered by solar and wind energy.
- We plant and harvest manually to decrease CO2 emissions.
- Our packing chips are made of 100% biodegradable corn that dissolves in water.