For our chocolate lovers out there, we have the perfect recipe for you that combines the sweet aromas of coconut with the exquisite taste of cocoa.
The added bonus - these delicious snowball cookies contain all natural and organic ingredients and have no added sugar! Did we mention there's no baking required?
• 1/3 cup of honey
• 3/4 cup organic coconut oil
• 1 1/4 almond milk (soy/coconut/organic milk will also work)
• 3 cups of rolled oats
• 3 cups of organic, unsweetened desiccated coconut (set one cup aside for rolling)
• 7 Tbsps of organic cocoa
• ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (we used Belgium dark chocolate – yum!)
1. In a large saucepan, combine the coconut oil, honey and milk. Boil together over medium heat for about two minutes.
2. Add cocoa and dark chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir until chocolate chips are melted.
3. Combine oats, coconut and cocoa.
4. Add the boiled mixture to the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Let warm ingredients cool at room temperature for about 5 minutes and then chill in fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
6. Once mixture is chilled, roll and shape mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
7. Roll the balls in additional coconut.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen snowballs. We recommend storing them in a fridge or a freezer.