With pumpkin-fever in the air, we thought we'd put together a Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe for you that's not only delicious, but it's healthy too!
Inspired from our very own Pumpkin Latte Hydration Masque - this latte has hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and it will leave your house smelling divine.
We can't think of a better way to spend a cozy autumn evening at home.
- 2-3 cups of brewed coffee (caffeine free - if you're drinking this later at night)
- 3 cups of almond milk (regular milk, soy, or coconut milk works as well)
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin purée
- 2 Tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey (or to taste depending on your “sweet tooth level”)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- Combine milk and coffee in a saucepan. Heat on stovetop (medium heat) for about two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin purée, vanilla, honey, cinnamon (1 tsp) and a pinch of allspice. Pour mixture in into saucepan with milk and coffee. Stir for about one minute.
- Add cinnamon sticks and star anise and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove star anise and cinnamon sticks from saucepan and set aside.
Pour mixture into mugs and finish with a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, top it off with a little whip cream and, voila - your very own, homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!
*Serves approximately four people (depending on the mug size used). For a smaller group you can half the recipe.