Everything’s better with friends. That’s why we’re so excited to celebrate Earth Month with our partners who cherish the environment as much as we do. From the Green Spa Program to Forests For The Future and all our green practices, we are passionate about planet-friendly solutions in every part of our business. In the same way, our valued partners - including Met Fine Printers and Bond Reproductions - are committed to providing eco-friendly service.
To find out more about these particular partners, we interviewed both of them in celebration of this special month. Read on about how their vegetable-based inks and recycled papers help us package the greenest and most environmentally-friendly organic skin care products:
SHELLEY-LYNN MACKINNON, MET FINE PRINTERS
“It has to be part of our DNA to do Good Business. One cannot simply be in for profit only, it must be the triple bottom line: People, Planet and Profit. Otherwise, we would not attract the quality of team and client list we have and besides, it would be boring as hell.
We don’t believe in tooting our horn about how green we are, we let other people hang their hat on that. We put our money where our mouth is and prefer to provide an epic experience that just happens to have a fantastic Green Story.”
Green practices include:
- Being carbon neutral since 2010
- Using 100% greenhouse gas-free MET UV inks
- Recycling everything: organic waste, paper, wood, metal, soft and hard plastics, left over ink, electronics, press blankets, solvents. Our Zero Waste initiative is very close to 100% successful
- Partnering with Climate Smart to maintain the smallest possible eco-footprint
FRANCESCA STONE, BOND REPRODUCTIONS
“As a conscientious print operation in today’s market, consideration for our environmental footprint is more than just an essential business responsibility – it is a natural responsibility. We are committed to sustainable development in all aspects and work.
We believe in the power of print and believe that paper is a natural resource that is recyclable and renewable and works closely with our partners and the industry to manage this resource carefully. Sustainability is as much a belief in printing as the quality and delivery of our product.”
Green practices include:
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification
- Buying and promoting coated and uncoated stocks that incorporate between 10% and 100% post-consumer waste
- Only using vegetable oil based inks
- Collecting and returning all waste toner to the manufacturer for reprocessing
- Using only eco-friendly chemicals throughout the printing process
- Sorting and taking all paper to recycling facilities, along with waste plastic and steel
- Using less water in the printer process because our color presses utilize a closed chamber environmental control and recirculation system
Are you passionate about green practices? Tell us in the comments what you do in your daily life to protect the planet.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Celebrating 5 Million Trees Planted!